Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Challenge: Lets Win Every Single Winnable Trophy.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Hi, have tried Sevastopol in the Ukranian second tier a few times now and although I've no doubt I'll make them a solid mid-table team winning the title would take forever and I don't have the patience. Sorry.

Just with average wages of £200 pw and only 3 foreign players allowed per team the 'wow' factor just isn't there for me. No real chance of signing the kind of player to get us promoted, and the best player I buy is sold out of my control 6 months after buying him (for £110k). Good luck all with the other leagues but I need to recognise at least a few players to put up with mid-table obscurity :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well, finally just started my game with FC Wil:D

Just playing my first pre season game now, expected to finish third in the league so don't have to improve that much. Problem I have though is that when you start I'm already 300 pounds over the wage budget. How do I reduce that without having to pay compensation? :confused:

Reckon I'll go up first time round anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

SantryRed wrote: »
    roblem I have though is that when you start I'm already 300 pounds over the wage budget. How do I reduce that without having to pay compensation? :confused:

put them on the transfer list, but play them. about all you can do.

the other, more risky thing, would be to treat them badly, mess with their squad status, make them unhappy etc. they they will often choose to leave on a free if you offer it to them.

but there's lots of potential for this to backfire in terms of upsetting the rest of the squad, or creating your own Winston Bogarde.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

SantryRed wrote: »
    Problem I have though is that when you start I'm already 300 pounds over the wage budget. How do I reduce that without having to pay compensation?

I never pay any attention to that, if you have a good season then the next season your wage budget will be increased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ah well, just left it, if I don't go up I'll build my own team next year.

Played six league games so far, remarkably that's a fifth of the season. Won four and lost two. A point behind Wil's arch rivals St.Gallen, they've beaten me in their ground so I'm still in the ascendency :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hey I'll take Sevastopol if you don't want it anymore NuckChorris1. Was it the league you were trying to win?

Hey I'll take Sevastopol if you don't want it anymore NuckChorris1. Was it the league you were trying to win?
    DSB wrote: »
    NuckChorris1: Sevastapol - Ukrainian First League

;)

jasonorr wrote: »
    ;)

Ye but he said he didn't want to do it. ;)

Ye but he said he didn't want to do it. ;)

I know, but all you had to do was check the post I quoted to see what his challenge was!

Season 1 - Sevastopol
    Media Prediction- 15th
    Board Expectations- Mid-table
    Actual Position - 1st

1st season just about over. Done much better than expected and another trophy knocked off the list.

Almost picked up the Ukrainian cup but was well beaten in the semi-finals by a far superior Metalist, although I did beat 2 UPL teams on the way there.

Had a HUGE squad at the start of the game so it was easy enough to get the wages under control.

Began signings with 3 trialists who turned out to be fantastic with 2 of them being given 5 star and the other 1 six stars.

Rinar Valeev was signed on a free and was sold 6 months later for a nice 250,000 which improved my finances no end.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9284/sevanstopolx.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Season 1 - Sevastopol
    Media Prediction- 15th
    Board Expectations- Mid-table
    Actual Position - 1st

1st season just about over. Done much better than expected and another trophy knocked off the list.

Almost picked up the Ukrainian cup but was well beaten in the semi-finals by a far superior Metalist, although I did beat 2 UPL teams on the way there.

Had a HUGE squad at the start of the game so it was easy enough to get the wages under control.

Began signings with 3 trialists who turned out to be fantastic with 2 of them being given 5 star and the other 1 six stars.

Rinar Valeev was signed on a free and was sold 6 months later for a nice 250,000 which improved my finances no end.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9284/sevanstopolx.png

Fair play Gonzo - obviously far superior to me at the game. Had Rinar Valeev too and Akopyan (who was awesome any time I tried) just wasn't getting the goals needed. Again, fair play.

Cheers NuckChorris1.

Shackov finished top scorer for me and 3rd overall in the league.
    I played Zhabokrytskyi up front with him after I sold Valeev. I think I had good strength in the midfield and picked up a class AMC called Eugene Chepernenko.

The board have given me 1.6m transfer budget and 36k p/w wage budget and all I have to do is try avoid relegation.

A major clean out is needed in the squad for the start of next season.

A DC and FC are my prime transfer targets.

Just got promoted to La Liga this season, delighted with that, now I just have to win La Liga...:rolleyes: It won't be easy because I have less than £1m to spend, which is less than they gave me last year! The main reason for my success this season was the bolstering of my attack and defence, which led me to scoring about 20 goals more and conceding about 20 goals less!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Right I've finally got around to posting my proof of victory with Brno. I've 2 league titles and 1 czech cup so you can cross that off the list as well.

Gotta hand it to the OP as well- this challenge has really rekindled my interest in the game and I've become quite attatched to Brno.

I've just finished my 3rd season with Sevastopol. I thought I would be able to push higher up the table this season but I have finished 9th for the second season in a row.

I was given a paltry transfer budget of 50k at the start of the season. I had expected to be able to bring some quality into the first team but only secured free signings.

I reached the quater finals on the Ukrainian cup but lost out to Dinamo Kiev, who also beat me 7-1 in a league game towards the end of the season. 6 straight league defeats towards the end put an end to pushing towards Europe.

Squad disharmony is beginning to occur with some younger players wanting to move to a bigger club.

I'm going to see what sort of budget I recieve this season before continuing with this club. The gulf in finances is huge in the league. Shaktar seem to be spending 30-40m per season on signings.
    I have to say I have really enjoyed playing as these Ukranian minnows.

What a slog that was, very tough going...for a while I thought I'd be going straight back down. It's great to stay up though and hopefully I can improve a lot next season. I had to sell my best player Diamé, which wasn't ideal, but Lazio came in with a bid of £7m, so the board accepted it. I probably would have too, it was over twice his value at the time. There was almost a takeover at the club, but that fell through unfortunately.

Media prediction: 20th
    Actual prediction: 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

On my second attempt with Kapfenberg. Sold best 2 players before season started to generate some cash. Bought in a few players.Just hoping to avoid relegation this season.

Media prediction: 20th
    Actual position: 16th

Grrr...I finished up in the same position, but if anything I took a slight step back and did worse. All I can do is gradually try to improve my squad (limited funds available). The one positive was my U19s romping home with a league and cup double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Finally got around to playing my Duisburg game. Starting in the 2nd Div, i have finished 2nd in my 1st season, so at least got promoted to Bundesliga 1.

Now the easy part to actually go win the league! :pac: Will be doing well to even survive in it this season i'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

is this game still open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 robbo88

hey sorry if im late just wondering if theres room for one more?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Black Leopards
    On course to win the South African First Division Inland.

Had only 12 players when i started and managed to buy a load of veteran pros and promising young fellas

Advertisement