Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cabo Roig

• 14-05-2009 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Anyone ever been to Cabo Roig near Alicante? I'm going there at the end of June, just wondering if there's much to do there like activities, sightseeing, also pubs / nightlife is it any good for that?

TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

I was there about 5 years ago. Its a fairly small place with a nice clean beach. There were plenty of restaurants and bars.

There are 3 or 4 irish bars. I remember there was one called The Bog Road which was great craic at night. I dont know if it's still there. There are several kareoke bars aswell. I'm not sure about niteclubs. There was also a big market on a Sunday nearby.

As regards activities, I can't be too helpful but I would imagine other bigger resorts would have more.

Its a nice mixture of Irish and British people.

Apart from a line of prostitutes at the side of the street at night by the roundabout with the pyramid (the main landmark in the resort) I found it to be a family friendly spot.

There's a bigger town called Torrevieja (sp.) nearby and it would be a much bigger spot.

I presume you are flying to Alicante. Torrevieja in about halfway between Alicante and Cabo Roig.

Hope thats helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Thanks Liamo, yep flying into Alicante. Have to figure out how to get to Cabo Roig from the airport. Have a wedding in Alicante and most of the wedding party are staying in Cabo Roig, hence the post. Might take a trip to Torrevieja check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

In Torrevieja, you have a big shopping centre Habenaras, if you are into that sort of thing. There's also a water park there. There is a night market with a good buzz about the place every night, and has a fun fair open every night that can be good craic. Thats about 15 minute drive from Cabo Roig.
    Pacha is the biggest night club, its pretty impressive inside actually, but think its 25 euro to get in - that includes a free drink.
    Cabo Roig does have a nice beach, and is basically a strip of pubs and restaurants. The Bushwacka stays open pretty late - can draw a nice crowd depending on the night.
    There is a lovely mexican restaurant a couple of doors up from it - would recommend eating there.
    La Zenia - which is just up the road - has a nice few restaurants and bars too - the beach there is a lot busier though. The first Irish bar on the Costa is there - its called Paddy's Point - always draws a big crowd, and has live music every night.
    There is a restaurant in the road a bit called Patio Andaluz, they have flamengo dancers on a couple nights a week which is good for the touristy thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Thanks Carol, sounds like all the action is in Torrevieja. Now if only there was some surf I'd be sorted.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I've seen people surfing on La Zenia beach - don't know much about that side of things to be honest though! I just know the undercurrents and rip there can be lethal.
    I was over there for a wedding 2 years ago - we went to Paddy's point the night after the wedding, and we got free champagne for the gang of us.
    There's Go Karting just in the road from Cabo Roig/La Zenia actually - can be lots of fun if there's a group - although if you are anything like the gang I was there with at New Years you will end up spending a lot of money here - it can get very competitive!
    I am trying to think of more stuff - I go here a lot so if you have any questions just pm me. Heading over there myself in July - can't wait now - it can be a quiet spot but we always have a good gang of us and make our own craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ocuf

Dont know about 25euro to get into pacha... was there last week and it cost 15 euro with 2 free drinks. It was 11 or 12 euro with one drink.. Maybe it does get more expensive later in the summer.
    Murcia airport is about 20 minutes from cabo roig, alicante airport is a bit further...about 50 minutes. Both fly there from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i spend alot of time there. love the place. pacha would be the biggest club around that area. paddys point pub is worth a visit as is torrevija for the marina area. ive gone quad biking out in san miguel also. playa flamenca commerical centre is good of eating/drinking. the temple bar there is worth a look to see the "Blues Brothers" im off over again friday week :) if you have any questions drop me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

aka_Ciaran wrote: »
    Thanks Carol, sounds like all the action is in Torrevieja. Now if only there was some surf I'd be sorted.......

your on the med so surf isnt going to be great. as said people do surf on la zenia beach but its nothing compared to some of the irish spots

• Registered Users Posts: 3 computerdummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sorry for dragging up old threads but I am heading out here on Monday with the 3 three kids (1 a three month old). Just wondering about public transport in the area of Cabo Roig to the waterpark in Torrevieja and the go Karting (the latter on my 13y/o hit list) . How much would you be talking for a taxi to Torrecieja or would there be regular bus runs. My drivers license has expired and I didnt notice it till just now. We stayed in Villa Martin in that area about 5 years ago and a car was a must.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Hey Benny C , how did you get on there , I'm thinking of heading over there in November

Advertisement