Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish airline trio on EU web 'grey list'

• 14-05-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0514/aviation.html
    Irish airline trio on EU web 'grey list'
    watch Thursday, 14 May 2009 14:28

The European Commission has published the results of an investigation into misleading and hidden charges on airline websites.

The clampdown has focused on websites which are not up-front about their fees and charges, misleading claims about sale prices, and traps for consumers such as pre-ticked boxes.

The Commission reports that 16 airlines are in full compliance with new laws on airline websites, while eight have been blacklisted as not co-operating.
    Advertisement

Ryanair, Aer Lingus, and Aer Arann are on a 'grey list' of companies which have made commitments to have more transparency on their ticket websites, but have not yet fully fallen into line.

But a spokesman for Aer Arann has insisted that the airline had complied with all transparency and clarity requirements. The spokesman said the Commission had acknowledged the airline's efforts, so he was 'mystified' as to why the company remained on the 'grey list'.

The blacklist includes Olympic, Turkish Airlines, Royal Moroccan Airlines, Northwest, Air Baltic, Aeroflot, Wing Jet and Emirates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm surprised at Aer Arran being on it as last time I checked they have no 'extras' charges - checkin, a hold bag, tea/coffee and a paper were all inclusive in the standard price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

MYOB wrote: »
    I'm surprised at Aer Arran being on it as last time I checked they have no 'extras' charges - checkin, a hold bag, tea/coffee and a paper were all inclusive in the standard price.

True. It is just a pity that they are so expensive. If they were cheaper, I would have an alternative to Ryanair for getting back to Ireland.

Advertisement