Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC browsing a pain

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

:confused:

You have a slow browser, so rather than posting the relivant information, you film your pc, transfer it onto your pc, and then upload it onto Youtube, which with your slow browser must have taken ages!

All for no reason!

Pointless.

If you want help, post the details.

-What kind of setup are you using? (Wireless/ethernet/usb)

-If a router what kind?

-Have you tested a direct cabled connection? (which means a direct cabled connection, through the modem, bypassing the router completely, and rebooting the modem while changing the cables)

-What speed results are you getting?

-What downoad speeds?

-Have you tried a different browser?

And so on.....

Sorry, but all you've done here is go to a lot of effort to take an unsubstantiated dig at UPC on youtube.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I occasionally find boards slowish (about 10 seconds) but even when that's happening other sites load fine so I put it down to a boards problem when it happens.

Even if I've bittorrent running I don't notice any issues.

BTW this is in Dublin city center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I see you're in Kildare as well. Mine's been dying for 24 hours now, dropped to 1/5th normal speed. Will give them a call tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    :confused:

You have a slow browser, so rather than posting the relivant information, you film your pc, transfer it onto your pc, and then upload it onto Youtube, which with your slow browser must have taken ages!

All for no reason!

Pointless.

If you want help, post the details.

-What kind of setup are you using? (Wireless/ethernet/usb)

-If a router what kind?

-Have you tested a direct cabled connection? (which means a direct cabled connection, through the modem, bypassing the router completely, and rebooting the modem while changing the cables)

-What speed results are you getting?

-What downoad speeds?

-Have you tried a different browser?

And so on.....

Sorry, but all you've done here is go to a lot of effort to take an unsubstantiated dig at UPC on youtube.:rolleyes:

i am using an ethernet connection tried conneted to either the netgear or the modem direct
    have tried firefox, google chrome, safari and browsing is the exact same on each one

im getting less than 3Mb on speedtest with approx 0.7Mb upload speed

i also have connected my laptop by ethernet and its the exact same there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

kudzRS wrote: »
    i am using an ethernet connection tried conneted to either the netgear or the modem direct
    have tried firefox, google chrome, safari and browsing is the exact same on each one

im getting less than 3Mb on speedtest with approx 0.7Mb upload speed

i also have connected my laptop by ethernet and its the exact same there too

See, now that gives us something to work with.
    None of that was in your original post or youtube clip.

Is the slow speed constant or fluctuating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

hard to say as i dont be home during the day but at night its always slow
    with the slow speeds aside the slow browsing issue has been there a few nights now

seem to be losing a packet or 2 in pings
    C:\Users\Kudz>ping www.google.com
    Pinging www.l.google.com [74.125.43.103] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 74.125.43.103: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=242
    Reply from 74.125.43.103: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=242
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 74.125.43.103: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=242
    Ping statistics for 74.125.43.103:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 53ms, Average = 51ms

also have done a MSCONFIG / Startup / Disable All to rule out antivirus/firewall slowing my browsing

also when doing a speedtest on speedtest.net my local server is coming up as Limerick when it should be Dublin ... maybe my connection is being routed differently??

i can nearly be certain its a upc issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

It's a UPC issue, don't waste your time troubleshooting your own system, plenty of us out this way having the same hassle.

Advertisement