Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8am 66 to Maynooth

• 14-05-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this gets to Maynooth before 9? I'm invigilating tomorrow and the ****ing train is at 757 so just not willing to get up that early.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Don't think it'll get there before 9. I know the 67A that gets to Maynooth for 9 leaves town at about 7:30, they'd be fairly similar.

What hall are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'd say that it almost certainly does. Where you invigilating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

mp3guy wrote: »
    Don't think it'll get there before 9. I know the 67A that gets to Maynooth for 9 leaves town at about 7:30, they'd be fairly similar.

What hall are you in?

Small Sports so I'd need a few minutes to get over. 67a doesn't go near me so that's no use. Might just get a taxi. Hate doing it but in all day invigilating then have FAI coaching badge starting at 645 in Celbridge until 10 so don't fancy a 7am start. Stupid trains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Dont trust that P.O.S bus. Its never on time. And it could be full too. Not worth it. Get the train and use the extra time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I definitely wouldn't count on it and I get the 66 everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Bit of a late response but no, that one doesn't get you in for 9.

Don't worry, he got in on time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

As a West Dublin 66 man, college never started until 9.10 for me.

Useless bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

As a frequent flyer on the calcutta express, I was lucky if my train even showed up. Seriously.

Train Sign at Platform:

Maynooth: 15 mins
    Maynooth: 7 mins
    Maynooth: 4 mins
    **ERROR**
    Maynooth: 44 mins

I had to explain to my tutor recently that I didn't attend 9am classes because I refused to wander around Maynooth from approx. 8.15am on a Friday morning.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, he got in on time :P

Another fecking stalker :eek::D But yes I did get in on time. Thank you for noticing stranger

:D You lost another game?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    :D You lost another game?

Nope. I actually have no idea who MP3guy is.

Man, you could find out in like one click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

if you were invigilating second year english in the small sports hall at 3.30 today, i like your aftershave ;)

if not nevermind :o

I was :eek:

Note: I considered replying with simply: "How you dooooiiinnn???" but I'm not sure if you're a boy or a girl :D

Note 2: I never use this line in real life.

Man, you could find out in like one click.

I don't know any Thomas from Celbridge. However, using my awesome powers of deduction I'm gonna assume that you were in small sports hall at 9am doing an exam and that makes you thomas from 2nd csse? If it's someone else then I haven't a clue

That's me.

"...Unless you fail" remark in our last tutorial was priceless.

Ah, mystery solved. I can rest easy for now. Now to discover who the person commenting on my scent was and I can leave the shotgun under the bed tonight as opposed to behind the pillow. How you set for linear algebra anyway? It should be easy. David Walsh retires this year so I imagine it'll be all nice and easy.

I don't think I'll have any problems, it's just a matter of getting the RREF of everything then remembering what to do with that then in each case. I'll just do all the assignments twice the day before. Hasn't failed me in the past.

• Advertisement

Worked for me and I have a masters so it must work for everyone :D Yeh, it'll all be row reduction bar the linear transformations bit. But that's simple.

So how did you get in in the end?

Taxi :( 14 euro too

Most expensive lie in I've ever heard of.

Didn't get home till ten tonight though so the extra hour in bed means it was worth it. Maybe

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I was :eek:

Note: I considered replying with simply: "How you dooooiiinnn???" but I'm not sure if you're a boy or a girl :D

I'm a girl :D it was lovely. Smelt much better than a few invigilators that I've got a whiff of in the past :rolleyes:

1 down, 4 to go. See you on Thursday if you're invigilating 2nd Year English again LeixlipRed ;)

mwahaha i love internet anonymity

note to Rozabeez: do not give away my identity. or Banquo. or Kazuma if you're lurking :cool:.

Oi, that's not fair :( I want hints and pictionary descriptions. What do you look like as a stick figure? :D

elephant.jpg

;) on a good day

suffice to say I'm a larger lady. but my ears aren't that big.

Edit: thoughts of a copycat tLL thread... "know your Maynoothians" springs to mind

Hmmm, I dunno, I'm pretty sure I didn't invigilate anything that grey and tusky today :P Though I was sleepy by half 3

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Hmmm, I dunno, I'm pretty sure I didn't invigilate anything that grey and tusky today :P Though I was sleepy by half 3

The tusks are detachable, I left them in the changing room. I noticed the sleepiness, you were making me sleepy. Thursday at 9.30- be there or be square. I might even wear my tusks for the occasion!;)

Advertisement