Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember Anam??

Options
  • 14-05-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

One fine Sunday in September '07 I got a call out to a village in County Clare and found him:

egar.jpg

egar3.jpg

After much vet care and TLC he looked like that:

anam.jpg

And in February '08 he went to his new home in the UK.

These pics were taken today:

Danlookinghansum.jpg

He is now called "Dan the Man". I will never forget the ickle shivering mass of sores, and he certainly fell on his feet.

Daninthegrass.jpg

Playing trains with his canine pal ;):

Playingtrains.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Dan The Man! Love the name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

aww bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

thats such a lovely story :):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Fair play to you. It takes some amount of work to get him back to full health & thats not even taking into account gaining his love & trust.

Give yourself a massive pat on the back, you deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That's a great story. The kind of thing that would make you feel good inside!

But, I have to say, just looking at his face and especially his eyes, in the first picture he looked like a delight. I'm glad he got to fulfill his potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Fair play to you EGAR. I can barely look at the first two pics without wanting to cry. He looks wonderful now. Hope he has a healthy and happy life from now on.

Cathy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

OMG EGAR!!
    I remember that picture especially that awful thick rope around the Dan the Man's neck and the sad face.

What amazing job you can do to a dog. I could shake your hand forever!:D

Congrats you just made a happy dog once again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

That's such a lovely story!
    Fair play.

Advertisement