Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miccy Dsssssss

• 14-05-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Apparently there were like 200 applicants for the McDonalds beside Tesco. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone else apply/get a job?

So i herd u liekd Mudkipz?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I heard that figure too. Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Jesus.... can only imagine what Mantra got. Friend of mine had an interview last week, I'm sure I'm not wrong in saying that the majority would have turned their nose up at a job there a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Apparently there were like 200 applicants for the McDonalds beside Tesco. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone else apply/get a job?

Literally hundreds of people actually lined up outside a Londis in town for a job last month, so I'd well believe it. I think people will take more or less anything at the minute in truth, food won't put itself on the table and there's only one line longer than the waiting line for job interviews at the minute :rolleyes:

Could never see myself doing it, and I've done a variety of crap services jobs for a 19 year old to keep with them forever.
    So i herd u liekd Mudkipz?

*sigh* When things from one part of the internet end up in another eh.
    Seeing people on the *chans in the library and actually seeing crap internet memes written on the jacks walls have ruined my relationship with the imageboard side of the internet forever sadly. Encyclopedia Dramatica still saves the day but.

People with law degrees applying for jobs in Burger Kind in Cork.

My music degree will save me! Ha ha... ha... *bursts into tears*

Solution? Stay in college as long as possible. I'll be the new Seery/Stain/Byrne etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Could never see myself doing it, and I've done a variety of crap services jobs for a 19 year old to keep with them forever.

When jobs were a plenty I couldn't see myself working there. After four years in the construction supplies industry you couldn't imagine yourself flipping burgers.Couldnt say no now in this shiity jobs climate.
    Lol, and here was me thinking the left were hard workers...:rolleyes:

*sigh* When things from one part of the internet end up in another eh.
    Seeing people on the *chans in the library and actually seeing crap internet memes written on the jacks walls have ruined my relationship with the imageboard side of the internet forever sadly. Encyclopedia Dramatica still saves the day but.

I would never go on 4chan in college. Theres too much sick **** that you don't want to see on it in the first place, but imagine someone looking over your shoulder in the library and p0rn pops up unexpectedly. Damn....

Anywho, Pools closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Anyone else like the filet-o-fish?

Cant wait for a shnaakey McMuffin before work.... Mmmmm :)

efla wrote: »
    Anyone else like the filet-o-fish?

Cant wait for a shnaakey McMuffin before work.... Mmmmm :)

I heard they're not doing McMuffins in this branch, or any item that starts with 'Mc' for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Even the McHandwasher?

efla wrote: »
    Even the McHandwasher?

I hear that they are saving more money nowadays because they are outsourcing washing customers hands to India.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Actually, the McMuffin ideas great. Amount of 'Too-Late-No-Breakfast' mornings I had this year was terrible. I think McMuffins are addictive but, could become a problem :rolleyes:

Actually, the McMuffin ideas great. Amount of 'Too-Late-No-Breakfast' mornings I had this year was terrible. I think McMuffins are addictive but, could become a problem :rolleyes:

Bleh, jew ever walk into McDonalds early and see only the brekkie menu is available. Then you get pissed off and have a craving for a burger, but you still know in the back of your mind that it is far too early for a Trouble Knees Burka or even a little Dam-lurger. So you sit with your Sausage mc muffin, trying not to show how tasty it actually is.

No?

Just me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

banquo wrote: »
    People with law degrees applying for jobs in Burger Kind in Cork.

My music degree will save me! Ha ha... ha... *bursts into tears*

hah, my IT skills save me from your studenty low paid jobs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

hah, my IT skills save me from your studenty low paid jobs :D

Believe me IT are not safe either, tho I myself wouldnt go so low to work in McD's :p

I can now see 1st years coming in at the start of the year all nice and slim then by the end of year have a nice beer/mcdonalds belly's.

I havent been in McD's in years.

pakblue wrote: »
    Believe me IT are not safe either, tho I myself wouldnt go so low to work in McD's :p

Clearly some people havent quite realised how far up shiit creek the recession boat has taken us. Stop turning your noses up at jobs, beggars cant be choosers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

beggars cant be choosers.

I've always hated that phrase! :mad:

The reason I wouldn't take that job is because I wouldn't like to work in a fast food like I would have no problem taking a job as a bin man, though that is where I will probably end up doing with my degree :p

unemployment.gif

I used this in my assignment today.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'll be the new Seery/Stain/Byrne etc.

Bam.

Advertisement