Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrubs - Season 9

• 15-05-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

ABC has announced Scrubs will be renewed for a 9th season;

http://www.endofshow.com/2009/05/14/exclusive-abc-renews-scrubs-for-a-transitional-ninth-season/

Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn have all signed on for 6 episodes to help the shows transition, as the majority of the current starring cast members will not be back in starring roles next year.
    Judy Reyes is apparently gone altogether, and so far there's been no word on Ken Jenkins.
    Braff will most likely only do the six episodes and then be gone, and Chalke will most likely be gone at this point too.
    Faison, McGinley and Flynn are all waiting to hear about whether or not the new pilots they were working on get picked up or not - if the pilots don't get picked up I'd imagine they'll sign on for a full season.
    As for major recurring characters like Todd, Jordan, Ted and Doug, who knows what will happen. Most likely the new interns brought in in series 8 will be taking the lead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't know how it will be without Braff or Chalke (as characters they've become quite dull), but I think it will seriously suffer if McGinley and Flynn leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it'll be like stargate sg1. initial plan for 8 seasons, took up for more, subsequent series' were dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Stupid American TV networks, its had 8 whole seasons, let it die with dignity.

for better or for worse you need to learn to let go sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'm quite annoyed at Braff to be honest, as he made all this fuss about him been done with Scrubs and this season being the end of the line. With him even guest starring in 6 episodes, it really takes away from "My Finale", which well, clearly was not his finale :mad:. Though I stuck with Scrubs even through the dodgy seasons, this is simply not going to be the same show any more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

J-blk wrote: »
    I'm quite annoyed at Braff to be honest, as he made all this fuss about him been done with Scrubs and this season being the end of the line. With him even guest starring in 6 episodes, it really takes away from "My Finale", which well, clearly was not his finale :mad:. Though I stuck with Scrubs even through the dodgy seasons, this is simply not going to be the same show any more...
    Agree completely.. can't they just leave it fecking be!

Especially after the 8th season went out on a high!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

basquille wrote: »
    Agree completely.. can't they just leave it fecking be!

Especially after the 8th season went out on a high!

My feelings also, it never should really have even went to 8 seasons but it did and they recovered it well after some dodgy seasons and transition between networks. The last episode ended on a very nice high and they have the perfect opportunity to lay it to rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh God it's going to be about the interns isn't it?
    They're all so annoying...

I for one won't be watching. As far as I'm concerned, Scrubs is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I think they're making a bad mistake. A lot of the original fans are already sick of Scrubs as it is. Proceeding without the stars of the show will just help the producers loose the rest of the fanbase. I doubt the show will see a season 10 if all the original cast is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

phasers wrote: »
    Oh God it's going to be about the interns isn't it?
    They're all so annoying...

I for one won't be watching. As far as I'm concerned, Scrubs is over.

The guy with the deep voice could have a show all about him imo

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

:( I thought Season 8 was a return to form and that it went out on a high note, with good closure for all the main characters. I don't want to see them again - I've said goodbye.

It shoud at last be called "Scrubs: Interns" and be seen as a spin-off (although I believe Bill Lawrence has said they won't do that as the networks want to use the 'Scrubs' name).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As big a fan of scrubs as i am I can't argue with anything that has been said so far, I have said goodbye to scrubs for want of a better expression and I wasn't too pushed on any of the interns so I doubt i'll watch it TBH as far as i'm concerned its over because it had such a great pay off and it will not be matched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even if they called it "Scrubs: The New Class" or "Scrubs: The Next Generation" it'd be different from the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Neil Flynns pilot show "The Middle" just got picked up, so the Janitor won't be a lead in Season 9. No word yet on Faison's "The Law" or McGinley's "Back".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Heres from Mr. Braff's blog. I hope its half decent, fair point about keeping 200 people working though.

To clear up the confusion:
    Scrubs will be coming back, but in a new incarnation. Scrubs as we've all known it is over. That chapter is closed. But as there are so many fans of the characters and writing of the show worldwide, the powers that be have decided to try and keep them alive a little longer (in the spirit of "Frasier" being a new chapter of "Cheers".)

I will be in the first 6 episodes of this new incarnation to help transition the show into what it will become. And then I will be off to work on some new projects that I'm very excited about/ write my new movie/continue to learn how to fly airplanes. :)) As to what the new show is? That's only clear in the mind of Bill Lawrence at this time.

I know many of you will have very strong opinions on this topic. And I respect them all. But first and foremost, if any of you were in a position to put about 200 people whom you really loved back to work in this economy, you would do it in a second. That has always been in the back of Bill's and my mind; we just didn't imagine ABC would ever give us the opportunity to keep it going.

If anyone can find an interesting new shape for the show it's Bill. Don't hate it until you see what he comes up with. Once its up and going there will be plenty of time for you to decide whether you love it or hate it.

Hope this clarifies a few things. That's all the info there is on that right now... I hope this finds you smiling,
    love,
    zb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Scrubs: TNG. Great. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Info dump - the new season will be set in a medical school with Turk and Perry teaching. Sacred Heart won't appear nearly as much and most of the cast will be new: URL="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/scrubs-moving-from-hospital-to-med-school.html?cnn=yes"]link[/URL:
    Scrubs boss Bill Lawrence said his cancellation-defying comedy would undergo an extreme makeover in its ninth season, and, man, he wasn't kidding. When the show returns next winter, the action will shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-school professors of John C. McGinley's Dr. Cox and Donald Faison's Turk.

"It'll be a lot like Paper Chase as a comedy," Lawrence tells me. "It's going to be a different show. It'll still be life-and-death stakes, but if the show is just Scrubs again in the hospital with a different person's voiceover, it would be a disaster and people would be mad."

Of course, Sacred Heart won't go away altogether. Although J.D.'s old stomping ground no longer will serve as the show's base of operations, the students will occasionally rotate through its halls -- and bump into many of its familiar faces. In addition to McGinley and Faison, both of whom are expected to be full-time regulars alongside a quartet of newbies (most of them playing students), Scrubs vets Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Judy Reyes and Ken Jenkins have agreed to make guest appearances. (Neil Flynn has a costarring role as Patricia Heaton's husband in the new ABC sitcom The Middle, so his name-challenged Janitor will be MIA.)

"Med students in their first three years have to spend anywhere from 10 to 50 percent of their time at a hospital," Lawrence explains. "And that's when you'll see some of the [original cast members]. Continuity-wise, Sacred Heart will still exist with those people still working there."

But Lawrence insists "half the cast, if not 60 percent of it," will be comprised of freshmen, one of which will be more recognizable than the rest. "[ABC] is really after us to hire a big name," he reveals. "So one of them will be fairly famous."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'll allow it..

Sounds interesting to me. I'm sure though they had orginallt planned to stick with the scrubs orginally formula but their resarch came across many many threads like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sounds awful. They've beaten the dead horse which is Cox's character for way too long imo, and I used to love him. Now though, it's just embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

They should make a spinoff entitled Hooch Is Crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

hm could go either way i'll give it a season to impress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well in fairness if it's a fresh start of sorts then we really need to wait and see. Obviously McGinly and Faision not having their own Pilots green-lit means that they are more than willing to 'flog the dead horse' as it were to keep working in Television.

Advertisement