Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Sligo : Computer Society

• 15-05-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭

This year (2008-2009) myself and a few others here in IT Sligo set up a computer society.

We run a Ubuntu linux server and offer members:
    • ~2GB of storage space
    • Access to our Jabber/XMPP chat server
    • Off-campus access to the Shared and Student Drives!
    • Access to the InterSocs IRC Network (Coming Autumn 09)
    • Active forums
    • Weekly meetings

This coming year (09-10) we hope to get some interesting Tech Talks going.

Compsoc meets on Tuesday evenings holding many diverse events, including workshops on Web Development, Linux and Hardware.

You can find our homepage and forums at:
    http://orion.itsligo.ie

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

Giving this a quick bump since we're approaching September again!

Society now entering it's second year! Woo hoo!

If interested, follow us on twitter or keep watching the website. It may be a bit dead at the moment but when I have any updates I'll post em on the front page!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

john__long wrote: »
    [*]Off-campus access to the Shared and Student Drives

Whatever about anything else you guys do, I would have killed for this when I was in college. The amount of friday mornings I was hungover and had to go into college to get some notes off my h drive. Complete pain in the balls. Fair play to ye. Hopefully it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

great idea guys, as the almighty said, its very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

I've signed up to your twitter page. A computer soceity sounds fun :D

Many thanks! Will post more details here closer to Clubs and Socs day. If ya have any questions or anything just ask!

• Advertisement

NNNEEERRRDDDSSSS!

Hey buddy, did you get a load of the nerds?

sorry, i couldnt hold it in any longer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CAPTIAN CRAZY

frank only a Muppet with the personality of a plank would post a childish post like that , frank carty the one on the right 67zftyg.jpg
    go ride your cousin frank

Guys. Keep it in PM. Don't be hijacking my thread.

frank only a Muppet with the personality of a plank would post a childish post like that , frank carty the one on the right 67zftyg.jpg

CAPTIAN CRAZY,
    I was referring to an episode of the simpsons, where homer goes back to college. I already posted here saying the computer society is a good idea??? I was obviously joking with the nerd remark. I think your username suits you very well, if thats how you react to a remark like that

couldnt get it in english:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CAPTIAN CRAZY,
    I was referring to an episode of the simpsons, where homer goes back to college. I already posted here saying the computer society is a good idea??? I was obviously joking with the nerd remark. I think your username suits you very well, if thats how you react to a remark like that

couldnt get it in english:o

Lay off the abuse guys or I might have to ban someone. I'd really rather not do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement