Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sb-900

• 15-05-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Before I buy an sb-900 i wanted to know whats your views on it is it worth an upgrade from the 600 I'm using a d300.

Jon

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm depends what you plan to use if for... not a huge leap from a sb800 but quite big from 600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

One thing it does better is that it recognises when you've put it together with a DX lens and zooms appropriately. Right now the SB600/800 treats all lenses as FX lenses - wasting some light potentially.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Where is the SB600 limiting you?

I bought the SB600 over the SB800 when I had the choice as it was smaller & easier to use & still came with options that I did not need. The SB800 comes with a bit more power & a lot of gizmo's that may be interesting in the manual but I doubt I would ever really use. From what I gather the SB900 has a few more bits & bobs like this.

So .... unless there is a fancy feature you have a special use for, then stick with the SB600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Jeez, I still use my SB-25 & SB-26!
    The SB-26 can give reasonible results in Automatic, ok, so no iTTL, but I'm happy with the end result! Plus if I take the flash off-camera, and use it in manual, I can get even better results!

From what I've read, I think a lot of people prefer the SB-800 over the SB-900, so might be worth having a look for one of those?

If you do fork out for the SB-900, come back and let us know what you think???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Well pretty soon I be upgrading to a d700 even though the 600,800 would work great I though 'sure i might as well upgrade the flash' A mate of mine is making a switch to canon(madness :confused:) :p so his willing to sell me the 900 for the same price as a new 800

• Advertisement
Advertisement