Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is having sex with a black guy different?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 6:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi guys.I am going on placement this summer in NY.I have been looking up guys in NY through facebook and met somebody I really like.We get on great and he is cool.I am just worried that if the sex happens that I'll be able for it.I jst kinda scared.Anybodt have any experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Different - not so much.

However, from reading your post I guess you mean the penis size story?

If so - it's hard to know, because no one here knows him or your sexual history. However black, asian, indian guys are not that much different than white guys. Massive (if you pardon the pun) variations occur in all guys.

Do you know for a fact that his penis is any larger than anyone elses? Is it of a larger size than anything you've experienced?

Basically patience and lots of lube is the only answer if it is, but for the most part guys are guys, and it may not be anything different than your previous experiences with anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Just be careful:

"A major study in five major [US] cities found that 46 percent of Black men having sex with men were HIV-positive".

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_6026.shtml

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Just be careful:

"A major study in five major [US] cities found that 46 percent of Black men having sex with men were HIV-positive".

'The Final Call' is the official communications organ of the Nation of Islam.
    I'm not sure how objective anything in it would be.

spurious wrote: »
    'The Final Call' is the official communications organ of the Nation of Islam.
    I'm not sure how objective anything in it would be.

The article isn't by the Final Call, it's by the NNPA.

The study was done by the CDC: http://www.gmhc.org/index/051027_bgm.html

The problem is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

As Buffybot said, from what I've seen they're just like white guys. They come in all shapes and sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Just be careful:

You should obviously be careful when having sex with anyone, home or abroad, black or white, whether they say they are HIV -ve or not. What would you do to be "careful" more so than you would with any other partner? Put on two condoms? Take a quick blood sample when he's not looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Give A) The sheer volume of black males the Americans imprison and B) The nature of the American prison system I'm not shocked that it would be higher.
    MatthewVII wrote: »
    You should obviously be careful when having sex with anyone, home or abroad, black or white, whether they say they are HIV -ve or not. What would you do to be "careful" more so than you would with any other partner? Put on two condoms? Take a quick blood sample when he's not looking?

Double wrapping increases the risk of the condom breaking and you contracting an STI. Don't do it. Buy a thicker brand if you'd like.

Condoms break, people make mistakes, etc. Having sex with a gay black American is very high risk - much higher than having sex with a gay white American or a hetrosexual or a virgin or whatever.

Would you prefer we kept our head in the sand about the different levels of risk in the world?

Condoms break, people make mistakes, etc. Having sex with a gay black American is very high risk - much higher than having sex with a gay white American or a hetrosexual or a virgin or whatever.

Would you prefer we kept our head in the sand about the different levels of risk in the world?

Nope, I'd prefer we were all totally careful about everything. When having sex with men we should always be fully protected. Which makes risk statisctics irrelevant unless you're the kind of person who prefers unprotected sex with people you aren't certain are HIV -ve.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Condoms aren't perfect. They only decrease the chances of tranmission. If there's a high likelihood that your partner has HIV or Hepatitis or whatever, then you're best to stay clear of high-risk activities altogether.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »
    Condoms aren't perfect. They only decrease the chances of tranmission. If there's a high likelihood that your partner has HIV or Hepatitis or whatever, then you're best to stay clear of high-risk activities altogether.

So in this scenario, sexual contact should be avoided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So in this scenario, sexual contact should be avoided?

If by scenario you mean reality, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Here's a crazy idea, how about you both go get tested for STDs together :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If it's your first time you might want to leave the lights on :D

Advertisement