Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm clocks don't need batteries anymore..

Options
  • 15-05-2009 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

I’m hoping the person in question uses this site and reads this before I have to go down the management route.
    Nearly every morning me and I’m sure many others have to listen to your dog howling away whilst you head off to work...
    It’s like clockwork... Just before 7am....on the button..."Wakey, wakey time or done night shift but wont get to sleep time"
    Now don’t get me wrong the hound sounds like a cute dog but I think it suffers badly from agoraphobia...Seriously..
    Like I say, I hope the owners look at this forum and hopefully sort the issue out some how or I’ll have to head to the office
    Although am I wrong in thinking that maybe this type of thing should be expected in such a close network of houses
    You decide.... I’m going to bed..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I’m hoping the person in question uses this site and reads this before I have to go down the management route.
    Nearly every morning me and I’m sure many others have to listen to your dog howling away whilst you head off to work...
    It’s like clockwork... Just before 7am....on the button..."Wakey, wakey time or done night shift but wont get to sleep time"
    Now don’t get me wrong the hound sounds like a cute dog but I think it suffers badly from agoraphobia...Seriously..
    Like I say, I hope the owners look at this forum and hopefully sort the issue out some how or I’ll have to head to the office
    Although am I wrong in thinking that maybe this type of thing should be expected in such a close network of houses

realistically the owners probably don't read this forum, neither do the guys who block the footpath, drive too fast up the spine road, allow their dogs to crap on the green or whose house alarm keeps waking you up.

If you read back to the early days of this forum, barking and howling dogs has always been a hot topic, but really the only option open to you is to knock on the owners door directly, and you may well be told to f*** off. The ISPCA aren't interested in lonely dogs, and the management agents have no powers to do anything in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Get a dog whistle and persecute the thing, i did that to the neighbours dog many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

You're in the Park arent you WW? I can hear him in the day but not at night cos im on the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Animals that cause noise are not allowed to be owned so the agreement says we all signed as far as I remember. I hear this dog the odd time as well and it howls like a wolf. really annoying I have to say the times I hear it so would be driven mad if I heard it every day. Go to the management company I reckon. We need to start getting them enforcing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

ciaran67 wrote: »
    You're in the Park arent you WW? I can hear him in the day but not at night cos im on the end.

I'm up and awake... and guess why....??:mad:

Yeap, up in the park.. In fairness the owner brings it in at night so no issue there..

As suggested, perhaps aproach the owner, which with my luck they will be touching 7ft in height and owns a gym in Ballymun...

Gonna hold off till tomorrow and see if there is any improvement... If not then its management city...

Fingers crossed anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Management city.!!!:mad:

If anyone would like the address, P.M. me...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Management city.!!!:mad:

If anyone would like the address, P.M. me...

We had same problem, so I know its a nightmare. Mgt co will only write to them saying there has been a complaint, they cant do much more, thats what we were told anyhow! but is there a possibility that they dont know he howls like a mad thing? If they have left for work say?

PS Not all us dog owners are idiots some of us do like to be considerate & responsible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oski

I'm writing to inform you that this topic is in relation to my dog and I'm not very happy with what's going on.
    Firstly let me say that I’m very sorry about this, I wasn't aware that my dog was howling every day as I was at work but the situation came to light after reading this forum after someone told me about it.
    I am a reasonable person and if someone has a problem with my dog they should've either called around to me to let me know or if they didn't want to complain directly let the management company know and we'll deal with it anonymously through them.
    However, I do object to people posting anonymous letters through my letterbox threatening to KILL my dog. It's not the dogs fault, it's mine, and I accept that. But posting things like this online and through my letterbox is cowardly and wrong.
    If you want to talk to me knock on my door as I think this online nonsense has gone too far and I won't be dealing with it here. If you’ve a problem let me know and don’t threaten me.
    Again sorry for all the trouble my dog is causing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As reasonable as you might be, Oski, the OP doens't know that and this forum is sprinkled with anecdotes of no-so-reasonable neighbours. Furthermore, the OP also contacted the Mgt. Co. (as you suggested) but seemingly to no avail.

Hopefully now, the OP will see this and will be in contact with you directly and as such there is no need to keep this thread open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »
    realistically the owners probably don't read this forum

oops - guess I was wrong there.

in fairness, no-one on here threatened the dog and we do try to keep things reasonably civil...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement