Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bins not getting collected in Templars hall anymore

• 15-05-2009 8:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

do the council not even bother going around templars hall anymore when the brown bin is out?

six people on my row left with brown bins on the side of the street yesterday morning (thursday)

they havent collected them since they became "free"

how and where do i complain about it? will going into the offices beside the tax office make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

chrism2007 wrote: »
    do the council not even bother going around templars hall anymore when the brown bin is out?

six people on my row left with brown bins on the side of the street yesterday morning (thursday)

how and where do i complain about it? will going into the offices beside the tax office make any difference?

Firstly, give the city council a call and see what the story is. I know that they have changed the days on certain routes. I heard them going around my estate this morning for the brown bins. If there's a mix-up, they'll probably send someone around to collect yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

gscully wrote: »
    Firstly, give the city council a call and see what the story is. I know that they have changed the days on certain routes. I heard them going around my estate this morning for the brown bins. If there's a mix-up, they'll probably send someone around to collect yours.

will they give me this info in the offices? ill be down that way today anyway

they havent come anyday this week and they sent out a 2009 sticker saying its still thursday

would you be on the same route as templars by any chance?

will they give me this info in the offices? ill be down that way today anyway

they havent come anyday this week and they sent out a 2009 sticker saying its still thursday

would you be on the same route as templars by any chance?

No, I'm quite a distance from your route, and I'm no longer with that service provider, but I know a girl I work with had her black bin collected on a new day and she never knew it had been changed, so she called them and they arranged to send someone up the following day to collect her bin. Hopefully they'll extend you the same courtesy. Not sure what joy you'll have by calling to the offices personally. If the receptionist is no use, go home and phone them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Collection day's have been changed.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Collection day's have been changed.

to what day?

cant understand why they would send us a 2009 sticker saying it hasnt been changed.

must have been an easy days work for the binmen this week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jayp

my bin collection has been a Friday for as long as I can rememeber but it is now moved to Tuesday. I got the letter about a week in advance of Tuesday just gone but a few of my neighbours had their bins out this morning so maybe not everybody has been contacted yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I'd say I'm on the same route as you. We were always Thursday up to last week and it changed to Wednesday this week, the green bin went out. They collected the black bin on Thursday this week too, to ease the changeover. I presume the brown bin is next Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My day got changed from Monday to Thursday, starting yesterday.

Got the letter today!

Now I have my black bin for another 3 weeks.

Is there much point in ringing them, What can they do?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My day got changed from Monday to Thursday, starting yesterday.

Got the letter today!

Now I have my black bin for another 3 weeks.

Call them anyway. On Saturday, they were dealing with a few black bins in my area for those caught out by the changeover. If they give you no joy on the phone, threaten to leave them for Mr Binman!

If all else fails, find a neighbour with Mr Binman and ask them if you can put a bag or two in their bin as the black bin is collected weekly with them.

wmpdd3 wrote: »

i rang them and they said they sent me a letter. which isnt true

theyll probably just say the same thing to you

stuck with the black bin now for a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 olivedelicious

Just throw your waste on the street that'll get them up to you quick enough in some form or other! there seems to be a few people throwing stuff over that wall from templers hall onto the kilbarry road!

Car batteries are free to bring to ANY shop people:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

did you put anything into the brown bin that you shouldnt have?
    cos the corpo wont take it if you did.

did you put anything into the brown bin that you shouldnt have?
    cos the corpo wont take it if you did.

they changed the days and never informed us (in time)

they changed it to wednesday and a letter arrived on the friday explaining the new days. im guessing the others also got there letters late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

all you have to do is ring them and they will send someone up for it,
    i had the same prob last week and when i rang they had someone up the next day to collect it,
    its the management in the council who is after making a hens knickers of the collection times and from what i hear, the binmen (normal workers) are having war with the management about this.

its the headless chickens sitting on their holes in the offices who made a balls of all this.

Advertisement