Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for a bank statement to arrive from bank of ireland?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I requested a bank statement last tuesday morning as i required one to apply for a loan with the credit union. My local branch was unable to print one out (cant understand why) so i was told that one would be requested from dublin. I asked if urgent could be put on it and i was told no. I also asked if it could be faxed or emailed and i was also told no due to security reasons etc. Its not friday and i need statement to give in this evening, does anyone know roughly how long they take to send a statement out?

xx Sinéad xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

where abouts are you living? I think alot of banks have the machines now where you can go in and print off your statement or mini statement, I don't know if that would do.

I would have only expected it to take the bank a few days but I guess they take longer than that if you're still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sinead6230

I did print out mini statements and took into the credit union but i was told that they were no good needed proper statement. I live in bantry co cork.
    where abouts are you living? I think alot of banks have the machines now where you can go in and print off your statement or mini statement, I don't know if that would do.

I would have only expected it to take the bank a few days but I guess they take longer than that if you're still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Credit Union probably want the official headed paper.

The wait depends on whether its a "normal" statement or copies of ones you had before. The normal one really should be with you by early next week.

Not sure about BOI system for duplicate statements, but they can take longer if manually done (as in a person having to trawl through the stored records and print the statements). If its just a case of ordering the duplicates (and they are computer generated) they should also be with you by early next week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Depends on how the statement was ordered.

If the statement was not ordered already 5 days.

If the statement is a duplicate order then I've heard that it can take up to 2 weeks! (I know.... something to do with a backlog of same).

The reason why BOI has stopped printing statements at the counter is more to do with security reasons than anything else. There's a lot of dodgy customers out there falsifying printouts so therefore the practice has been stopped. As well as that (in the branch I used to work in) for the majority of customers it was all they wanted. This was taking up too much time and wasting resources.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's a huge delay on the duplicate statements, because since they're not allowed to print them off in the branch anymore there's suddenly been a massive influx in requests for duplicate statements. We've been told to advise customers it can take 10 working days to get the statement processed. Give the branch a ring and see what way they ordered yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement