Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick update on missing puppy from Aldi

Options
  • 13-05-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My wife's just returned home with a little brown and white puppy who was wandering around outside Aldi in westside at 2pm.

Anyone missing a cute little doggie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ya I missed the fupper 3 times, I just gave up and drove on he's well able to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pflat

It seems clean, fed, has a collar etc. so I doubt it's a stray. Plus it's small so I don't think it's a victim of the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Eh, she just 'took' it? Could have easily been waiting for its owner who could have gone into the shops

May I offer some BBQ suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bring it to the vet, Hell of alot of dogs are 'chipped' nowadays and seeing as its a young dog he might be chipped too!!!

Vets dont charge for the scan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Eh, she just 'took' it? Could have easily been waiting for its owner who could have gone into the shops

Some Reggae Reggae Sauce would go down a treat with it I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

You sick fu*ker.

BBQ? Everyone knows puppies need to be boiled.

Yea, that's it. She's like that. Lurks outside shops waiting for the opportunity to grab a dog to take home.

The dog was running around the car park since she went into the shops and was still there an hour later when she was leaving. She asked attendants in the shops nearby if they knew who owned the dog etc. To save the owner the inevitable task of scraping 'ringo' off the road, she took it home.

And it's too small for the dinner anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

IMO she was wise to "take" it. Any owner irresponsible enough to leave a pup without a leash and tag wandering in such a high traffic area doesn't deserve to own a dog.
    OP, put up posters in the dunnes area, and pop in to the shops there themselves and see if anyone has been asking. +1 for the vet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Any chance of a photo of the pup op?

Hi All,

Wife went to the vet yesterday with the puppy she found outside Aldi, Westside. Turns out the very same pup was in the vets last week with another person who found her, and probably ended up 'losing' her outside Aldi.

This means the dog could have been found anywhere before Aldi. The dog has been well loved whereever it was lost from. The vet remembers seeing the puppy with the original owners too, but cannot remember who it was.

Here's a pic.
    http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/pflat/wantadog.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ah the poor little thing.

Lucky enough you bringing her to the same vet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Awwwwwww

What a cutie :(

Keep it, owners' sound like feckin eejits tbh who don't deserve to own a dog

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Keep it, owners' sound like feckin eejits tbh who don't deserve to own a dog

Why? The doggy looks reasonably healthy ... maybe they are upset s/he's missing.

Keep it for the time being, but make sure you put out posters in and around Aldi just saying you've found the dog. At least that way it'll still have a home.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why? The doggy looks reasonably healthy ... maybe they are upset s/he's missing.

If I had a dog I wouldn't let it get itself lost, and if I had put a collar on it i'd have at least put contact details on it

Maybe i'm the only one?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If I had a dog I wouldn't let it get itself lost, and if I had put a collar on it i'd have at least put contact details on it

Maybe i'm the only one?

Have you ever had a dog youself?

They're tricksy little feckers and can get out, slip their leads/collars.

Especially terriers.

We had a lad who used to love getting his collar off him he had it down to an art, would go out under the bush in the back garden and catch it on a branch and pull it over his head. You could have made the collar tighter but really you'd be choking him.

The worse person here is the person who couldn't be bothered trying to find his owner / re-home him and dumped him in a busy carpark.

Thanks,

posters are up. The dog had a collar, just no lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We had a lab who, when he was young, would jump the fence in our backyard and do a runner. It wasn't us being irresponsible... he was just the type of dog to do that for a couple of years. We used to have to hold him back when we opened the door for crying out loud, or he'd try and escape that way!

He had a microchip though, which helped track him down once when he was brought to the vet. It would have broken all our hearts if we'd lost him. In spite of the escape attempts, he was a wonderful dog.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Have you ever had a dog youself?

They're tricksy little feckers and can get out, slip their leads/collars.

Especially terriers.

We had a lad who used to love getting his collar off him he had it down to an art, would go out under the bush in the back garden and catch it on a branch and pull it over his head. You could have made the collar tighter but really you'd be choking him.

The worse person here is the person who couldn't be bothered trying to find his owner / re-home him and dumped him in a busy carpark.

Yes, we used to breed them. At peak times we had 12 in the house :eek: Granted they were puppies, but we always had 3 of 'our own' - Oldest one lived to be 14 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tis great living in the country, just open the door and off she goes. Once you give it the don't chase sheep beating there's no problems. Our dog even did a round of the town getting feed by different people so we barely had to feed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pflat wrote: »
    Turns out the very same pup was in the vets last week with another person who found her, and probably ended up 'losing' her outside Aldi.

Sounds like a good business-development scheme from the vet.

Send it to the SPCA, sez me.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I have never seen so many dogs wandering around on the streets as I do in Galway. What the **** is up with dog owners in this city that they just send their pets out to play in the traffic? No where else in the country do you see this to anywhere near the same extent. On a daily basis I reckon I see four of five dogs wandering the streets on their tod. Can anyone explain this?

Sorry dude, I'm ranting here and not helping, I suggest you bring it to the vets, Ark in Salthill on St. Mary's Road is probably the closest to where you found it. They'll scan it and possibly know who it belongs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Lost Dog sign the way to go

DogFoundTasesLikeChickenSign.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just to cover yourself from an allegation of dog napping the law says that you should report finding the dog to the guards. The "owner" is whoever holds the licence for it.

Advertisement