Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook on Meteor Mobile

• 15-05-2009 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi. Hope someone can help. I have always been cake to get on to Facebook on my Meteor Mobile. Since yesterday though when i go to log on to Facebook only i get this error message. Is it just mine? Network Error (tcp_error) a communication error occurred "connection refused" the web server may be down, too busy or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to request.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

what about twitter? does that still work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 New2Galway

Hi Dan. Yeah twitter and everything else seems to work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

still not working for me.

Are you havin same problem with facebook mega? I rang Meteor and they were like its Facebooks problem. Even though it works on my friends meteor Mobile :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Try changing the APN you're using to connect with, e.g. the WAP APN, to the Data APN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

New2Galway wrote: »
    Hi. Hope someone can help. I have always been cake to get on to Facebook on my Meteor Mobile. Since yesterday though when i go to log on to Facebook only i get this error message. Is it just mine? Network Error (tcp_error) a communication error occurred "connection refused" the web server may be down, too busy or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to request.

Happened to me yesterday, when I tried to login it gave an error. There's a link on the login page that says "Trouble logging in? Try HTTP login". When I tried this it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

New2Galway wrote: »
    Are you havin same problem with facebook mega? I rang Meteor and they were like its Facebooks problem. Even though it works on my friends meteor Mobile :(
    Not Meteors problem then. If it works from your friends phone then it's down to the settings or APN on your phone.

Facebook suffered a phishing attack a couple of days ago which effected a lot of accounts and they have taken steps to secure there site by blocking any accounts the feel were hacked and they have also tightened up security so perhaps this is why you cant connect using the exact same APN that worked beforehand?

Adro947 wrote: »
    Happened to me yesterday, when I tried to login it gave an error. There's a link on the login page that says "Trouble logging in? Try HTTP login". When I tried this it worked perfectly.

Thanks - That was the solution!

Advertisement