Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stop IVY growing over a wall

Options
  • 15-05-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My neighbour has ivy growing across from their side into mine, is there some sort of paint I can get to put on the wall to stop it heading into my side, it's common ivy and it grows very quickly, I have some plants on my side that it overshadows and I want to give them a better chance without causing any damage to the ivy, -- I just want to deter it

thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Why not just prun it where it is coming into your side?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

it's just a bit difficult to get to, plus its growing into a thorny tree I have and it's getting more difficult to get up and over it, I just wondered if there was a handy trick or something, no biggy if there is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

A nice little baby call "RoundUp" Kill it :D

Y cant people have ivy and keep it in their own garden. If you prune it throw the cut offs over the wall....Legally its their property and you dont have to dispose of it yourself

Advertisement