Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver turning links different colours??

Options
  • 15-05-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering can anyone tell me how you stop dreamweaver turning links different colours?

I know theres a way to specify what colour you want links to be but the problem is I have links on a black background and also white so Id just prefer to leave them as normal.I just want them to underline but not all turn the one colour.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The most basic way in Dreamweaver of setting link colours, is in the top menu under: Modify; Page Properties.

You really should define it in CSS. It's quite simple to add CSS for page links to a page. Just add this within the <head> element of your HTML:

[HTML]

<style type="text/css">

a {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

a:hover{
    text-decoration: underline;
    color: #ed1b2d;
    }

a:active{
    color: #ed1b2d
    }

a:visited{
    color: #ed1b2d
    }

</style>
    [/HTML]You can easy change the underline, font, RGB value (colour) etc, and these styles will apply to every link on your page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I know it's probably just semantics, but for the record, Dreamweaver doesn't "turn links different colours"

The default colour for a link is blue, and the default colour for a link that your browser knows that you have visited is purple.

Advertisement