Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KnockanStockan Independent Music Festival is back!

Options
  • 15-05-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

KnockanStockan
    Independent Music Festival is back!
    July 24th, 25th, 26th
    Blessington Lakes, Co Wicklow

Now in its 3rd year and wearing a "best small festival" award around its neck, the festival run by musicians for music lovers has declared 2009 the year that
    "you're a festival".

Located in Wicklow overlooking Blessington Lakes, over three days some of Ireland's greatest bands and entertainers will congregate as a collective to put on a show as never seen before on these shores. Still holding true to its original ethos it is a barrier-free, open and very welcoming festival. At a quarter of the price of the bigger festivals, the emphasis is on good music and performance arts, not money making.

4 amazing stages , over 125 acts, fantastic free camping.
    This year’s festival will be woven together by the crew (who all work for free), the local community, the farmer and YOU!
    The festival NOT to be missed!!!

Website
    Myspace

65euro ticket price includes 3 nights camping!

Line up so far :
    THE HOT SPROCKETS
    BIPOLAR EMPIRE
    NEW SECRET WEAPON
    THE MIGHTY STEF
    MURDER OF CROWS
    THE AMAZING FEW
    THE CANDIDATES
    SICKBOY
    THE HASSLE MERCHANTS
    NC LAWLOR
    HOWL
    TUCAN
    LAUREN GUILLERY
    FUSION FAMILY
    JAMES GUILMARTIN
    SHOCTOPUS
    MESCALITO
    NOISE MACHINE
    SOUNDS OF SYSTEM BREAKDOWN
    ANDY DELAMERE
    COTTON PICKIN' RODEO CLOWNS
    ENDA REILLY
    BAND ON AN ISLAND
    BROWN RIVER
    POCKET ACES
    MORE TINY GIANTS
    GLOBAL
    THE CADES
    CLODAGH KERLEY
    THE FUTURE GYPSIES
    INTINN
    PETER SPACE INVASION
    ROBBIE CASH
    WIFE PETER
    DENE DOWNES
    MARKAS CARCAS
    KAREN MCDERMOTT
    CRACK SPYDERS BYTCH
    RAMA'S BOYS
    LIZ IS EVIL
    LONELY SCHIZOPHRENIC
    WIZARD FIST
    BOVINE FRENZY
    BRIAN KEARY

MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 keyofsummer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Is there anything on offer for those who would be more suited to Mantua festival? any types of electronic music? Hip-hop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 keyofsummer

KnockanStockan
    Independent Music Festival is back!
    July 24th, 25th, 26th
    Blessington Lakes, Co Wicklow

The Party Just Got Louder!
    Ireland's 'best small festival' and premiere showcase for homegrown musical talent and unsung singing heroes, the truly rockin' KnockanStockan, just got bigger! 27 more acts have jumped on the bandwagon and will be bringing the buzz to the ridiculously scenic surroundings of Blessington Lakes, Wicklow. They are:
    Audio
    Lisa O'Neil
    Blind Yackety
    Kudos
    The Pulpit
    House of Dolls
    The Cujo Family
    History of Harry
    Sons of Gingerbread
    Dextra
    Mata Hari
    The Prairie Dogs
    Mob Fandango
    Tupelo
    The Dirty 9's
    Verona Riots
    The Fade Street Bums
    El Hombre Jokes
    Kill City Defectors
    The Strutts
    Rory Connolly
    The North Strand Kontra Band
    Walter Mitty and the Realists
    Howlin Dowlin
    The Last Tycoons
    The Last Remaining Lights
    The Bloody Shanks
    Tickets onsale now through the website: www.knockanstockan.ie
    Now in its 3rd year and wearing a "best small festival" award around its neck, the festival run by musicians for music lovers has declared 2009 the year that
    "you're a festival".

Located in Wicklow overlooking Blessington Lakes, over three days some of Ireland's greatest bands and entertainers will congregate as a collective to put on a show as never seen before on these shores. Still holding true to its original ethos it is a barrier-free, open and very welcoming festival. At a quarter of the price of the bigger festivals, the emphasis is on good music and performance arts, not money making.

4 amazing stages , over 125 acts, fantastic free camping.
    This year’s festival will be woven together by the crew (who all work for free), the local community, the farmer and YOU!
    The festival NOT to be missed!!!

Website
    Myspace

65euro ticket price includes 3 nights camping!

Line up so far :
    HOWL
    THE HOT SPROCKETS
    THE HASSLE MERCHANTS
    NEW SECRET WEAPON
    THE MIGHTY STEF
    MURDER OF CROWS
    THE AMAZING FEW
    SICKBOY
    BIPOLAR EMPIRE
    THE CANDIDATES
    TUCAN
    NC LAWLOR
    LAUREN GUILLERY
    FUSION FAMILY
    JAMES GUILMARTIN
    SHOCTOPUS
    MESCALITO
    NOISE MACHINE
    SOUNDS OF SYSTEM BREAKDOWN
    ANDY DELAMERE
    COTTON PICKIN' RODEO CLOWNS
    ENDA REILLY
    BAND ON AN ISLAND
    BROWN RIVER
    POCKET ACES
    MORE TINY GIANTS
    GLOBAL
    THE CADES
    CLODAGH KERLEY
    THE FUTURE GYPSIES
    INTINN
    PETER SPACE INVASION
    ROBBIE CASH
    WIFE PETER
    DENE DOWNES
    MARKAS CARCAS
    KAREN MCDERMOTT
    CRACK SPYDERS BYTCH
    RAMA'S BOYS
    LIZ IS EVIL
    LONELY SCHIZOPHRENIC
    WIZARD FIST
    BOVINE FRENZY
    BRIAN KEARY
    Audio
    Lisa O'Neil
    Blind Yackety
    Kudos
    The Pulpit
    House of Dolls
    The Cujo Family
    History of Harry
    Sons of Gingerbread
    Dextra
    Mata Hari
    The Prairie Dogs
    Mob Fandango
    Tupelo
    The Dirty 9's
    Verona Riots
    The Fade Street Bums
    El Hombre Jokes
    Kill City Defectors
    The Strutts
    Rory Connolly
    The North Strand Kontra Band
    Walter Mitty and the Realists
    Howlin Dowlin
    The Last Tycoons
    The Last Remaining Lights
    The Bloody Shanks

MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thebloodyshanks

Come check us out before the festival!

postercopy.jpg?t=1246449356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

This is a great festival. I was at it last year and really enjoyed it. Check out Howl and new secret weapon, they are particularly good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Alot of Tallaght Bands in the line up Howl, hot Sprocket, The last remaining lights, Bi Polar Empire and The cades. All worth having a look at for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Slowly but surely Tallaght will rule the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Phantron

www.knockanstockan.ie

Anyone else going? Never been before. Sounds like great fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I've never been even though its not too far from me,my mates band The Cujo family are planning so might have to venture up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

JULY 25TH
    NOT SURE WAT TIMES FOR DOORS
    €10 IN

www.behindthescenes54.bebo.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Anyone else heading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Really looking forward to this - hopefully theres a lot more rock bands and less of the bluesy, folky, country, cowboy music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I know you say it's not about money but is there any justification for the price increase from €50 last year to €65 ?

I'm only going for one day (Saturday) but I take it it's possible to buy a day ticket on the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Journalist-Cai

I'm going to this, this year (2009), cant wait. I wanted to go last year but I had just gone to Oxegen the weekend before, so you can imagine the state I was in after that. But can't wait for tomorrow. If u can give me some details on what kinda facilities that they have there that would be great. I think they deleted their Myspace page...so couldn't/can't find anything out. Cheers, and hope whoever is going has a great buzz too :)

Cai :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Here is there myspace site

http://www.myspace.com/knockanstockan

Also check out the stage times

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=194341653&blogId=501080467

I talked with Saccade at the show last year and since then i have started working with them so check them out if you get the chance at the festival :D

www.myspace.com/saccade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

It seems to be really coming together great!!

As well as the myspace you can find out loads on www.knockanstockan.ie

The only stage time change I know about is a swap between Skuzzi Port and Kill City, Skuzzi are now playing at 8pm Saturday on the fish stage. They're one of the only electro acts, check em out at www.skuzziport.com

Whats the story with day tickets for this? Just going down on the Saturday so pay on the gate?

Yip I was talking to them about this. There's no camping with Day tickets obviously, but you can get a day pass for e35.

I'm only going for two nights meself but it's still a steal at e65 for the weekend camping pass.

What bands are ya looking to see?

edanto wrote: »

Listen to? Heritage Centre.

See? Lauren Guillery :pac:

• Advertisement

Lollers! Hey it's class that you're going, I'd love to have a beer with you after all of our chats on economics. When r ya going down?

Yip I was talking to them about this. There's no camping with Day tickets obviously, but you can get a day pass for e35.

I'm only going for two nights meself but it's still a steal at e65 for the weekend camping pass.

Even though we're only going for the day, we can still bring our drink on site, yeah?

I want to see Ollie Cole, but, to be honest, I'm not a fan of most of the bands - I'm good mates with a few of the lads from Hassle Merchants and Hot Sprockets, but's they're not really my cup of tea musis wise, I'm just going cos I heard it was great craic! :D Unless of course you can surprise with some band thats a cluster **** of Manics/Muse/David Bowie/T Rex/Smashing Pumpkins???

Didn't think so :D

Lollers! Hey it's class that you're going, I'd love to have a beer with you after all of our chats on economics. When r ya going down?

This afternoon. With two other economists and a band of merry ladies, hoping to get obnoxiously drunk and do a bit of danshing, like all the other hip young kids.

Unless of course you can surprise with some band thats a cluster **** of Manics/Muse/David Bowie/T Rex/Smashing Pumpkins???

Didn't think so :D

Well, it's a bit of a tall order. But lets see. Pumpkins... so you want really tight drumming. OK. Bowie, Muse, you're looking for driving bass line. Check. Bowie/Rex/Muse, you're looking for varied and engaging vocal and melody. Check.

Please hold....

Your request has resulted in one suggested band.

http://www.myspace.com/newsecretweapon

;)

Well, it's a bit of a tall order. But lets see. Pumpkins... so you want really tight drumming. OK. Bowie, Muse, you're looking for driving bass line. Check. Bowie/Rex/Muse, you're looking for varied and engaging vocal and melody. Check.

Please hold....

Your request has resulted in one suggested band.

http://www.myspace.com/newsecretweapon

;)

Hahaha, seen these lads a few times in Whelans and Break for The Border I think, they're actually not bad, so I'll check them out again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ciarj

day tickets €30. not sure bout getting them at door ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Wouldnt mind making it up on Sunday,see what me timing's like.Gonna miss The Deadly NightShades anyways but hoping to make it for The Cujo Family and Kill City Defectors(listening to them right now,have to go!)

Well that was a barrel of laughs. Some c*nt slashed open our tent, 2 trays of beer, bottles of spirits and all our stuff was nicked. Couldnt give a **** about the phone or clothes that got stroked, but you don't nick a mans beer

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Now that was a weekend :p

Best thing about the weekend was seeing the Hare Krishna tent collapsed this morning from the wind, oh sweet justice.

• Advertisement

Now that was a weekend :p

Best thing about the weekend was seeing the Hare Krishna tent collapsed this morning from the wind, oh sweet justice.

I FELL ASLEEP IN THAT TENT!!!!!! :D:D What a weekend!!!

Advertisement