Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer/Part-time work

Options
  • 15-05-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in moving to Galway City for a month or so (personal problems, just need a change of scene for a while). Can anyone tell me where would I get info on part-time jobs in Galway? Or what are the short-term job prospects like in Galway? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd recommend almost anywhere else. Jobs situation here is very, very bad. Unless you've got 2+ years bar experience and want to work just during the Volvo race.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a full time job trying to find part time work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Lydon House Catering for the races?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Try looking on t'internet for part-time work in the hotels for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

fifomania wrote: »
    I'm interested in moving to Galway City for a month or so (personal problems, just need a change of scene for a while). Can anyone tell me where would I get info on part-time jobs in Galway? Or what are the short-term job prospects like in Galway? Thanks

Unless you've a two year plus skill with working in a bar/club.You're kind of screwed (pardon the language) as jobs are quite hard come by these days. Or so I've noticed!

You could always apply for the Ocean Volvo Race, to volunteer. Yeahhhh it's not paid work,but it'll be some craic.

Hope you find somewhere, best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement