Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else experiencing Eircom dialup problems today?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats up with Eircoms ISDN dialup access from Wateford area today?

Both B2 channels dropped at about 10 last night but D channel still working so line was not cut or damaged as it often is, this morning the phone is working again, both B channels are working but free and paid for eircom numbers start to connect then give me a std 691 password error wtf?

Tried to connect to IOL and that connections works fine (using it to post this) so the problem is at Eircoms end.

I phone 1901 to report the fault and I get told to ring a 33cent per minute support line!

Eircom screws up and they want to charge me for telling them they have a problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Its back working but now intermitent. This time around the Eircom subsciption number worked and the Ocean Free kept failing so guess its probably just my line.

Sat 16th May 2009 - Eircom support confirm an issue with Eircom Flat Rate dialup accounts in the Waterford area - engineers working on it.

No not a problem with my ISDN line at all, I finally called support when the I didn't get anthing other than an autoreply to emails to helpdesk@eircom.net and guess what - yes there is a problem in the Waterford area and our engineers are out working on it now. The issue only effects Eircom Flat Rate users, both PSTN and ISDN. I never knew that Eircom Flat Rate was supposed to be tied to a specific phone number but that seems to be part of the issue.

So thanks again Eircom you have a problem with your system and then charge customers to tell them about it.

But it was nice to talk to someone in support who understood what I was saying and didn't ask me to repeat everything.

sorry about replying to my own posts but someone might be interested ;)

Raised complaint (phone 1800 200481) on Monday Morning when still not working and again nothing Monday night.

Checked this morning and alls back to normal. Dialup to Eircom Anytime working again and no more password logon errors.

Hopefully thats my dose of Eircom issues for this year - always get at least one.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Having problems this evening in Co. Galway. ISDN dial up failing. Back now but pings are all over the place 80-500.

My problem was different and support knew about it. You just need to call them and pay 33p a minute for the privalidge to see if yours is a known issue.

But you have to first start off by reporting a fault on the 1901 number to eircom who won't help for the Eircom.net issue.

Get the line checked out, mine died along with the phone but I still had the line light and modem logs indicated the copper wire was OK.

So that fixed itself Eircom engineer said they did nothing but as soon as the line ws back time my eircom net anytime password failed so I reported that a few times to Eircom.net and on the Monday called the complaints number and lodged a complaint.

Nice guy called me from Eircom.net on Tuesday (I think) and said there wasn't a resolution yet even though it was working again and gave me 10euro credit on my bill for having to dial a pay as you go number for the last three days.

Then on the Wednesday (first email I sent was Friday night) I got this back from Eircom.net support LOL.....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent email to Technical Support.

In regard to you recent query, we offer limited support by email. You
    will need to contact our tech support help desk on 1530 277 100, as the
    issue you have requires troubleshooting. Apologies for any inconvenience
    caused.

Kind Regards,

eircom net Residential Technical Support.

Visit our support site for interactive technical solutions
    http://support.eircom.net
    Eircom.net Dial-Up Support: 1530 277 100*
    Broadband Support: 1890 260 260

* calls charged at 33 cent per minute

So sending them 3 emails with details of the issue and offering log files to support the issue was a complete waste of my time.

In your case it sounds like a line fault - eircom.ie call 1901, bad copper? Does the connection drop altogether or are is it just a login problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Line is/was always fine. Could still call out and receive calls. Was a dial tone. What happened was purely eircom anytime not answering/connecting on the 1893150150 number.

I was on to the support number as well and they took 5-10 minutes to run through the usual "open start menu, open control panel, " blah blah. Then at the end I said is there problems with dial up in the area at the moment and the guy says yes. I asked why he couldn't have just said that at the beginning when he knew where I was...€€

Zith wrote: »
    Line is/was always fine. Could still call out and receive calls. Was a dial tone. What happened was purely eircom anytime not answering/connecting on the 1893150150 number.

I was on to the support number as well and they took 5-10 minutes to run through the usual "open start menu, open control panel, " blah blah. Then at the end I said is there problems with dial up in the area at the moment and the guy says yes. I asked why he couldn't have just said that at the beginning when he knew where I was...€€

So to go online atm you are having to pay as you go, so call the complaints number 1800 200481 and explain the problem hasn't been fixed, you are having to pay to use the internet, you are being charged to tell eircom about a problem they already know about and you are not getting the service you are paying for. That got me a 10 euro credit on my bill (if its not there next month I'll be back here to say so ;) )

I'm just wondering if Eircom are removing dialup equipment to free up lines or something and thats whats causing the problem?

Advertisement