Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys and freezers

Options
  • 15-05-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Bought a freezer in Currys.
    One year and a day later it packed up. Rang them hoping for a contact to repair the thing at least. Machine put me through to nice woman in Dublin. She gave me a number. It put me through to a machine. That machine put me through to another machine that told me to hold, then after a few minutes it told me there was a delay. Hung up.
    Anybody got a number for a freezer repair guy in Galway area?
    Anybody recommend where I should buy my next freezer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your freezer is almost certainly still in warranty and Currys should arrange a repair at no cost.

Don't go paying someone else for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

seamus wrote: »
    Your freezer is almost certainly still in warranty and Currys should arrange a repair at no cost.
    It would be under the EU two year warranty for electrical products among other things yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

INSIST that they fix it

if they argue tell them you will go to the small claims court

if it comes to that you will win

(a reasonable person would expect a freezer to last longer than 12months)

Advertisement