Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little story I call it "Does it bother you" No pics included

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Are you sure those looks were due to your question? :pac::D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

xia wrote: »
    Are you sure those looks were due to your question? :pac::D

Oh no...I was getting the looks way before any conversation. Probably because I kept leaving my daughter on her own for a few minutes (no longer than 10...honest!!) in a crowd of about 4 thousand people and then whenever I'd return I'd end up frantically looking for her...this happened 4 (maybe 6) times!!

Ah. Now I get it. The badge or what ever would have made it easier to find her.

xia wrote: »
    Ah. Now I get it. The badge or what ever would have made it easier to find her.

Ah no, the wearing of such thingies would have just meant easier connectivity with other photogs.

The bad parenting part has no connection...mind you if we went with the logo strap I could have used that to tie her to a tree whilst I went about other business.

It just struck me at that event it would have been ideal as you could leave gear with someone whilst queuing for food or help out generally...not in any big way...just say it was something like look after a 5 year old while their father was at the bar...normal stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

humberklog wrote: »
    ...just say it was something like look after a 5 year old while their father was at the bar...normal stuff.

hahaha :D priceless ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

OK so I was out near St. Steve's today (sans camera :() but there must have been several hundred people about with good cameras. I would have been happy to have seen 5 or 10 Boards patches/badges, but since they don't exist yet I didn't.:eek:

So, let's get on this people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

OK so I was out near St. Steve's today (sans camera :() but there must have been several hundred people about with good cameras. I would have been happy to have seen 5 or 10 Boards patches/badges, but since they don't exist yet I didn't.:eek:

Yep! Who was it said they'd be able to get them printed? (too lazy to look through the post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

tight_boards_tshirt-p235089292670239947qd00_400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Since they were dressed in the agreed photog fashion VVV
    614E38733A92491A9BFD0C79E5CAF520-160.jpg

It's safe to say Buzz Lightyear wasn't there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I want my boards badge. It was a great idea, whoever came up with it .... oh wait, that was me. :D

• Advertisement

Do we know already if we can use the logo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ok - word back this evening from the community managers / admins. All ok with us using the official logo/branding. I have a link to the high resolution branding stuff for whomever is going to do the artwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Do we have a candidate to do artistry type work & a place to get these things made up? I'm all in to buy already so just tell me where to pay :)

Where do I pay for my badges???? :D

We need;
    • Someone handy in the field of design to work with the boards branding graphics in order to produce the badge design for the forum.
    • To decide whether to use an online service to produce the badges or someone suggested they knew someone that does this for a business.
    • If an online service, then I think everyone simply pays for their own at the time of ordering. It also would have an advantage of manufacture to order so people could order when they want.
    • If using someone in the business, then we need to know what is the minimum order and the respective costs and then figure out a method to disburse this cost against forum members who express an interest.

Volunteer for first point above and suggestions on points 2, 3, and 4 please? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I may be able to help with the design. what are you looking for exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

I used to play basketball, and when ever we had a tournament in the US they had a commemorative pin made for the match. usa2008olympicteam-pin__1.jpgback of pin:usa2008olympicteam-pin-back.jpg
    They are more sports pins but they can be whatever shape you want and the pin company come up with a design and they sell on their sites. I just had a quick google for basketball pins:
    http://www.pinmart.com/custom-lapel-pins/default.aspx

I like this idea as you could spot a shaped pin with out having to be too close!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Skimming through this thread I have to say this is a pretty good idea, I'm up for buying one :D

Tallon wrote: »
    I may be able to help with the design. what are you looking for exactly

Thanks a million. PM Sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

i can help with design too, i have a guy that stitches patches for me for another company im involved in so if you give me numbers i can get pricing, i like the badge idea too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

personally I would prefer a patch. When ever I have put Pins on thing in the past they always get caught on some thing and either get lost or tear what ever they are attached too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

personally I would prefer a patch. When ever I have put Pins on thing in the past they always get caught on some thing and either get lost or tear what ever they are attached too.

ill price iron on patches and stitch on patches for you sewin fanatics out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i once developed a logo for an organisation which they then used to get ball caps, shoulder bags and fleeces embroidered.
    Eventually I let them distribute the graphic itself so that individuals could go to an Embroidery Service of their own choice and get whatever they wanted embroidered!

here's some examples of what could be done, it's based on the Boards logo and the design we had for the book.

badgeslogo.png

also at one time we were developing a Boards Photo ID but it didn't take off

badge2.jpg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Do we want the little photography icons like we had in the book?

Patch sounds cool. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ill price iron on patches and stitch on patches for you sewin fanatics out there

I'd prefer a badge or pin myself

I'd prefer the patch idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

why not just set up a boards merchantising table

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

+1 for a patch

I'm lost as to where a sew-on badge is to be worn.

A distinctive whistled tune like 'In the hall of the mountain king' as done by Peter Lorre in 'M' is a goer.

But really where would a patch go?

• Advertisement

I'm lost as to where a sew-on badge is to be worn.

Anywhere you like - camera bag, camera shoulder strap, jacket, etc. So many options and choices.

But really where would a patch go?

On your coat?? But that's why I'd prefer a badge, easier to change. Or am I mixing something up? :o

Paulw wrote: »
    Anywhere you like - camera bag, camera shoulder strap, jacket, etc. So many options and choices.

Not really. Now a badge with a pin is. But a sew on patch is not.

Badge with a pin is the way forward.

Imagine for a moment how many coats that you have, what you wear and where you were them. Stitching a badge onto a perfectly good jacket in adulthood is nuts.

Small badge with pin could be easily attached to camera strap or bag or lapel. A sewypatchthingy is not do-able.

I don't do embroidery...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

I don't know if I'd use a patch at all to be honest.
    I got a quick quote from the pinmart crowd :

Thank you for giving PinMart the opportunity to serve you. We have compiled the following price estimate* and information for your custom lapel pin:
    no of pins: 100 - cost per pin $2.69 - total cost *$269.00
    no of pins: 200 - cost per pin $1.98 - total cost *$396.00
    no of pins: 300 - cost per pin $1.55 - total cost *$465.00

Price includes FREE artwork and design, FREE die charge and set-up, and FREE shipping.
    *In order to give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your custom lapel pin we have based the pricing above on the most popular size and type of pin as follows: Die Struck with or with-out enamel colors or Etched Soft Enamel lapel pin; up to 1” in size (largest measurement height or width); gold, silver, or copper plating; military (butterfly) clutch back and individually poly-bagged.
    Other sizes, processes, and options are available; please inquire

• Advertisement

sorry - this one has gone off the radar a little for everyone.

I'm wondering a couple of things at this stage;
    • I'm wondering the best way to move forward.
    • I'm wondering have we a market for 100, 200, or 300 pins / badges.
    • I'm wondering if we did have the market can we do an advance payment / commitment from people.
    • I'm then wondering assuming all this is ok, how are the logistics of distribution of the pins once they would arrive be handled.

Most of all, I'm wondering if a consolidated effort is too arduous an effort and perhaps we'd be better just using an on demand service, albeit a couple of €'s more expensive but everyone then being responsible to follow a predefined ordering process independently.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Samuisue

Just found this thread, & it's really taken some time to read.
    Really good tho - love the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Your right Tommy this has gone a bit of the radar. The logisics for boardsies of 2-300 pins is gonna be fun to get out. I think we have two options - either as you said go for the online option and get them one by one, or we wait until the launch of the album and stick them onto the order along with the distribution. I know the second option is putting it on the long finger, but it could work. Then again it excludes those who won't be getting a book or waiting until nest year ....... so we are probably better off going for the online option, that way people can order them as they see fit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon let people buy them online themselves, that way, noone's left with 300 pins to shift, and there's no fussing about.

:)

Advertisement