Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is 22.5 Feet, Too Big?

• 15-05-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I used to drive a 20.5F Iveco, That was handy it could fit into a super market car park, Well it used to stick out a bit :)

So This is only 2 feet longer, 1F Wider and it also higher. It doesn't sound like much, But is it just that bit to big.

Anyone with experance have any addvice: In Ireland / In Europ

Thanks

Sol B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That's 6.84 m in new money.

Most new motorhomes are around 7 meter anyway. Mine is 6.3 / 6.8 with the bike carrier attached.

Length only ever becomes an issue when you're parking or attempting a three point turn ...as long as you're a bit clever about it and plan ahead, most difficulties can be avoided.

Width is a different story. My MH is 2.22 m, that yoke probably is very close to the maximum 2.5.

Let me put it this way ...having driven Irish back roads extensively in my MH, width will be the k.o. criteria when buying another one. I can't imagine driving a 2.5m (American) motorhome on Irish backroads to be comfortable or stress free.

Too many roads are just too narrow, with crazy cambers, overhanging trees, ESB poles, etc. to content with.
    I'm not talking about borreens here either ...you expect that there and drive accordingly, but many of the so called "national" roads in the Wesht are in dismal condition, yet traffic demands that you press on and keep moving, so it gets quite stressful driving there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sol_MB

Thank you.

As It happens I just drove past my old Iveco and it didn't look that big atle. I think you are right, the lengh won't be to much of an issue.

Lengh is 22.5F which is just under 7 Meters.
    It is 7F wide which is 2.15Meters Wide.
    It is 10F high which is 3.05MEters High.

Hmm, I had my hart set on an old Mercedes, Do I want a semi old (The worst kind of old) VW.

Thanks for you help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

That's a wide bus but should be manageable as long as you plan ahead. I find myself planning everywhere I might have to turn etc in Ireland. Abroad you just have to take it as it comes!!

Advertisement