Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.Net Meet Ups

Options
  • 15-05-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'm aware of other tech groups in Ireland that meet up regulalry to discuss programming but I have been googling for a little and haven't found any sort of asp.net one. Anyone know of one or are interested in joining one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

The MTUG isn't specificaly for asp.net but they do have some talks on it, along with other MS technologies.

I've been to a few of their talks and they arn't bad.

Or is this not the kinda thing you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

ALT.NET folks are about .NET practises in general, but there's probably ASP.NET stuff up from time to time, there's certainly folks involved who work in that area;
    http://dublinalt.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

TheTubes wrote: »
    The MTUG isn't specificaly for asp.net but they do have some talks on it, along with other MS technologies.

I've been to a few of their talks and they arn't bad.

Or is this not the kinda thing you are talking about?
    check out http://www.mtug.ie/
    at the moment they have an asp error showing on their web page *shakes head* to err is human, to customerrors="off" is idiotic

What I'm really interested in is a group of asp.net programmers meeting up on a regular basis to talk about asp.net.

The MTUG seems like a group of people organising talks on a wide range of Microsoft Technologies.

If there isn't one there already I'd be interested in starting one to run once a month on say sat/sun afternoon.

Is anyone else interested in this idea?

ALT.NET folks are about .NET practises in general, but there's probably ASP.NET stuff up from time to time, there's certainly folks involved who work in that area;
    http://dublinalt.net/

This interests me, although it will have to wait till next month when it next runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Selkies wrote: »
    This interests me, although it will have to wait till next month when it next runs.

Yeah, was on last night I'm afraid. Interesting stuff, had a few folks there who'd worked with ESB architectures, discussing the ins and outs of it.

OpenCoffee is another pretty popular tech networking thing, though it's more general IT - you'll find ASP.NET developers there, but scattered amongst a variety of other tech folks.

• Advertisement

Yeah, was on last night I'm afraid. Interesting stuff, had a few folks there who'd worked with ESB architectures, discussing the ins and outs of it.

OpenCoffee is another pretty popular tech networking thing, though it's more general IT - you'll find ASP.NET developers there, but scattered amongst a variety of other tech folks.
    Yeah can't make tomorrow. I contacted developers.ie because I saw a post on one of the blogs that there was a really big asp.net ug at some stage. Hopefully they will get back with more info.

Advertisement