Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right To Sight Event 21stMay, anyone going?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I found this on gumtree yesterday:

"RIGHT TO SIGHT Event - www.righttosight.com

Close your eyes for 10 seconds... just imagine how it would feel if you opened your eyes and still couldn’t see.

THE BLINDING TRUTH
    * There are 37 million people blind in the world
    * 1 child goes blind every minute, needlessly
    * 90% of this is treatable or preventable

It takes 10 minutes and just €25 to save an eye!

You can help NOW by joining our World Record Breaking Pilates Class Attempt on Thursday, 21st May at the RDS led by Eva Berg, celebrity Pilates instructor.

We are looking to everyone involved in Pilates as well as those who have never tried it before to support us. Mary Black and blues band History of Harry will perform amongst others.

Registration is now just €25 and you will take home your record breaking Pilates mat and t-shirt! To register go to www.righttosight.com
    Registration from 5pm, class begins 7.30pm at the Shelbourne Hall, RDS, Dublin.

Please take a look at what we do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXcDGBJFrs "

... Anyone interested in going? This charity have already done a huge amount of good work in Africa and India and I'd like to get a group of people together to go. I've done a small bit of pilates, not much but I'm sure it'll be very easygoing. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hit_it_strong

That's a powerful video - event sounds interesting. Has anyone heard of Right to Sight before?

Advertisement