Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nepal anyone?

• 15-05-2009 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello,
    I'm thinking of taking a few weeks to visit Nepal in September. I'm particularly interested in doing a yoga/meditation course & there seems to be a pretty good one near Pokhara.
    Any useful tips from anyone who's been to the country on any scale would be really welcome, particularly tavelling between Kathmandu & Pokhara & anyone who's gone by themselves/female travellers.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Link 1 (contains more info than the title suggests)

Annapurna Circuit Trip Report

Everest Base Camp Trip Report

Getting from Kathmandu to Pokhara is easy. There are plenty of buses and it takes between six and eight hours iirc. Enjoy, it's a fantastic country. I don't think you'd have any problems whatsoever as a solo female traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'd agree with BreadMonkey that you should have no problems as a solo female traveller in Nepal, its very safe there.
    Pokhara is easy to get to by bus, as he said there's loads going every day. If it is sunny try to ride the roof, always great for the tan and its a bit of a laugh as well:)
    Pokhara isn't that far from Kathmandu as the crow flies but it takes the whole day to get there as the road winds through steep valleys and gorges. An alternative is to fly but Id recommend taking the bus as theres some excellent scenery along the way.

I dont have much info on yoga/meditation as I was mainly there for treking but if you have any other questions feel free to ask them here. ...

You'll have a fab time in Nepal, its one of my favourite countries for sure. The people there are genuinely friendly to visitors and its a lot less hassle than other parts of India/S.E. Asia. It also helps that its filthy cheap and you can live there for a long time on just a couple of hundred euro. Enjoy!

Advertisement