Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasure...

Options
  • 15-05-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I love good chill out: Lamb, Archive, Massive attack, Kruder & Dormeister, Beth Gibbons, Air... Kylie Minogue etc..

A while ago I borrowed and Ipod from a friend, stuck it on shuffle and this song came on, never heard it before and I it. It was Kylie Minogue - chocolate??? Love the simple drum beat and the computers her vocals.

What's you're "jeez I don't know how that song got on there"

Name a few reputable bands you like first so we can see how far you've fallen

That's if you want to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Yeah I have to say their last one, "Up all Night" is so well produced/constructed, it reminds me of the Beatles, especially the verses not so much the chorus.

I know I'm going to get slated for that!

Anyhoo I do find myself moving my head from side to side to that song, but dancing :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Dlite wrote: »
    Yeah I have to say their last one, "Up all Night" is so well produced/constructed, it reminds me of the Beatles, especially the verses not so much the chorus.

Spot on, major Beatles vibe there. I think the biggest problem with Take That isn't their current music, rather the fact that it's hard to forget their original cheesy pop and focus solely on the somewhat better music they're producing now.

Long story short though, I'd definitely have Take That filed under guilty pleasure in the sense of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

Right who is going to 'fess up to secretely loving the Venga Boys!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

niallon wrote: »
    Spot on, major Beatles vibe there. I think the biggest problem with Take That isn't their current music, rather the fact that it's hard to forget their original cheesy pop and focus solely on the somewhat better music they're producing now.

Long story short though, I'd definitely have Take That filed under guilty pleasure in the sense of this thread.

I would also say they have thrown in a dash of Simon & Garfunkel vibe in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Tea Spoon wrote: »
    Right who is going to 'fess up to secretely loving the Venga Boys!? :D

EVERYONE loves the Venga Boys!

I love the country twangs of Lyle Lovett :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Heaven by DJ Sammy.
    Since you've been gone by Kelly Clarkson.
    Over my head by The Fray.
    Cool by Gwen Stefani.

I've got The Immaculate Collection by Madonna :o
    Looks funny on my mp3 player alongside The Smiths, Radiohead, Pixies, David Bowie et al.

Sticking my Creative on shuffle I've gone from Tom Waits to Take That to Metallica to Basshunter to Springsteen to the Venga Boys. Guilty pleasure? Hell no, say it loud and say it proud, we love this music! :D Aqua forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

niallon wrote: »
    Sticking my Creative on shuffle I've gone from Tom Waits to Take That to Metallica to Basshunter to Springsteen to the Venga Boys. Guilty pleasure? Hell no, say it loud and say it proud, we love this music! :D Aqua forever!

Haha, I'm the exact same way.

I'm currently listening to Vengaboys. I have everything from Nightwish to Aqua to Basshunter to Yann Tiersen to Chopin to Eminem to Sigur Rós to Bloodhound Gang to the Velvet Underground to Pat Boone to Led Zeppelin to Katy Perry, and literally everything in between. Eurodance, reggae, classical, jazz, blues, rap, hip hop, electro, industrial, indie, metal, post-rock, classic rock, pop, traditional african, hindi/bollywood, traditional algerian, gypsy tunes, trad irish/scottish, country. Everything.

Music forever! :D

Only thing about guilty pleasure artists though, album wise they don't tend to stick. It's fair enoughh that you're out in a pub or club and here a single and get into it but how many of these artists have any of us stuck with album wise? Katy Perry's could've been a lot worse I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BSB and NSYNC ftw.

I have some absolute howlers in my collection but love them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

BSB, N*Sync? - It's all comin' out now! Okay, so - yeh - I love them too. I also listen to Take That, Westlife, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Englebert Humperdink, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Twee. wrote: »
    EVERYONE loves the Venga Boys

Em no, the only guilty pleasure involving Venga Boys would be shooting them in the face.

Yes in the face.

Advertisement