Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alumni email

• 15-05-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else having a problem logging into this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not an alumni. I'm about to make an email suggestion, but Beau will make fun of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

yes had a problem getting in for the last few days...did manage to get in today though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Can you tell me how?? Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

There's alumni email?

Surely our struggling, Soviet-made behemoth of an email service runs the same three - undergrad, postgrad and alumni - services?

• Advertisement

No, apparently not. I've gone and investigated. Had an email to my old student mail account saying that, as I'm no longer a registered student, it was due to be deleted, and that I could register for alumni mail at a link provided.

Have registered for it now, and it has set up autoforwarding of my mail which previously went to my student address to my alumni address (username@alumni.nuim.ie)

And, as per above, now that I've registered and all that, I can't log in either.

Ah, I see what the problem is (for me anyway) - the system is designed kinda stupidly.

When you register you provide your password. And then, after setting up your lovely new alumni account, you have to go back to your old student account where you will find an email with your username and a newly generated password (even though you already provide one during registration).

<sigh>

Logged in (with stupid and pointlessly long password provided). See a lovely customised iGoogle page. But nowhere to change said pointlessly long password or actually check my mail.

Gmail
    Gmail
    Gmail
    Gmail
    Gmail
    Gmail
    Gmail

How often do I have to say it?!?

I use gmail, so there's no need to pontificate. Sometimes having an institution associated email is useful which is why I kept it up.

To view your alumni email once you log in, you have to click the "add more stuff" option and add the gmail app. Then you'll be able to see it, and click through to a full gmail page from the app box.

Re: password, I'm not certain we can change it. They've helpfully provided a description of how you say your password to help you remember it (utterly useless). If anyone finds out where to change the password, I'd be most grateful if you let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

most retarded email system I've ever seen. I have myself set to log in automatically, not much help if I'm at another pc but at least I don't have to memorise that stupid password. If I figure out how to change it I'll let you know. Silly maynooth having to go changing ****!

Advertisement