Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In remembrance of a lost friend

Options
  • 15-05-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I have a fairly straightforward question.

A friend passed away recently at very young age (34) which has left a big impact on me. A thought occured to have myself getting a tattoo in remembrance.

First of all i'm not sure if this is frowned upon in the sense of that i will always be reminded.

Second of all: As we grew up we all had nicknames. His was Pacman.
    The plan was to get a tattoo of a pacman with his initials and DoB and DoD (not sure about the last one, if there's even a acronym for it)

Not sure how many who would recall the pacman-figure, but atleast I and closest friends would now.

And finally this would be my very first tattoo.

Is this a bad idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

dMaN24 wrote: »
    Is this a bad idea?

Only you can answer this question. If you personally feel that this is the right way to remember him, then go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As -lala- said, it's something only you can answer.

If you were going to go ahead with it, I'd say you could work it that you replace the Pacman 'pills' with the numbers of the dates... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Man my condolences.

Again only do what feels right to you. It'll be there forever and screw what other people will make of it, so in answer to the first part only do it if you want to be reminded! (Sorry very Irish of me I know).

Also would it be helpful to depict a scene? Like of you and your friend? Just other ideas to think of but still incorporating the nickname in to it.

Whatever you choose to do just make sure you don't have any doubts. Best of luck and sorry again.

Advertisement