Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route + Location (Galway To Up North shopping)

Options
  • 15-05-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Looking to go up North with the other half on Sunday to do a bit of shopping, clothes and groceries. Going up as a day out really. Anyone know the best route to get there and where the best place to shop are. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Im in college in galway and travel back to cavan every weekend...The way i go is by athlone-granard-cavan and on the enniskillen if your up for there

Another thing shops don't open until 12.30pm on sundays in enniskillen due to some rules:o

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Is Asda open in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

If its Enniskillen you're heading to Yeah go by Athlone-Edgeworthstown-Granard-Cavan way.. I'll wave when your passing through Granard!!! It should take around 3 hours. The Sligo way is a pain in the hole i hear, not great roads, loads of bends in spots.
    P.s AA route planner is shiiiite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Thanks Guys. Was thinking of going the Tuam Ballyhaunis Sligo route but think I will go the route sugested.

Many thanks.

redmissb wrote: »
    Is Asda open in the morning?
    Asda enniskillen is a 24 hour store but closes saturday nights at 10pm and opens sunday at 12.30pm due to some law they have in the north....
    baldbear wrote: »
    If its Enniskillen you're heading to Yeah go by Athlone-Edgeworthstown-Granard-Cavan way.. I'll wave when your passing through Granard!!! It should take around 3 hours. The Sligo way is a pain in the hole i hear, not great roads, loads of bends in spots.
    P.s AA route planner is shiiiite
    Wil take about three hours..Sligo way is a bad bendy road and athlone way is straighter...Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Thanks Bummer, agree about going the Athlone way. We went the Sligo way once and it seemed to take forever, never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The Tuam to Sligo via Manorhamiliton route is by far the best compared to the Cavan route which is miles longer. Of course you could always go through Carrick on Shannon through Drumshanbo and Dowra. They are windy roads but the views along Lough Allen are great along the way. ASDA will be packed. Visit Blakes of the Hollow pub, its fantastic.

dec25532 wrote: »
    The Tuam to Sligo via Manorhamiliton route is by far the best compared to the Cavan route which is miles longer. Of course you could always go through Carrick on Shannon through Drumshanbo and Dowra. They are windy roads but the views along Lough Allen are great along the way. ASDA will be packed. Visit Blakes of the Hollow pub, its fantastic.

The views are lovely around there yeah but the view of your boot may be a different story when you arrive back in galway:eek::p....Also if asda is full just try tesco which is not far from asda

Advertisement