Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing - the "Here Comes the Summer Lull" Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

PC

World Of Warcraft: playing a Death Knight and loving the ridiculous overpowered-ness.
    Plants vs Zombies: too addictive, finished all the extras but still got 8 achievements and a ton of shop stuff to get.
    Team Fortress 2: if it would connect to any servers....sigh. Hope to get it working before the Sniper/ Spy update.

X360

Fallout 3: just met my first Feral Ghoul Reaver (well, 3 of em). 10 Bottlecap mines, 3 Fat Men and a **** load of stimpacks I emerge victorious. theres only 3 in the whole game......right?

Can't wait for june and Prototype and Red Faction: Guerilla :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Just got the internet in the house thus Xbox live....

The next few weeks will be a combination of the following in multiplayer

Fifa 09
    Halo 3
    GTA IV
    Burnout Paradise
    Gears of war 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Despite being an avid gamer for many years I have only recently got an xbox 360 so I have a load to catch-up on.

I recently got a loan of, and completed, Gears of War so I'm damn sure intending to get into the sequel when I have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Just got Mass Effect for the 360. Took a while to get into it, but enjoying it tremendously. Autosave is a bit messed up in places though! Think I'll finish it, after that, I'll go back to dead rising before the new one comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Lost and the Damned
    Fallout 3
    and I was to give Lost Odyssey a good go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Been playing Rhythm Paradise alot recently. Very addicting, although I doubt it will last me the summer. I have stacks of games waiting to be played so hopefully I'll get through most of them over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

cian1500ww wrote: »
    XBOX 360:
    BF: Bad Company
    GOW2 (Just finished story)
    COD5 (Just finished story)
    Guitar Hero III ordered :D
    Add Fallout 3 to that to, I'm gonna have a busy summer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

X360
    Nearing the end of Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Would recommend it.
    Next up is kidnap my mates so they play through Resi 5 with me (job or pub are NOT excuses!) and revisit Fallout 3, Fable 2, Cod:WAW and Dead Rising.

PS3
    MGS 3:Subsistence, MGS4, Littlebigplanet and Killzone 2 await.

PC
    The Path, The Witcher and I really need to finish Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. 20+ hrs in!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Okami (PS2) - played the start, but going back to standard definition TVs with those vibrant colours on-screen isn't enticing. May buy the Wii version just to play at 480i/p.

Okami is well recommended. I was like you and had it on my to play pile for ages. I played it through early this year. Fantastic game.

I'm playing:

PS3: Fallout 3 - Onto the second last quest in the main storyline.

DS: Final Fantasy 4.

Once i finish those 2 which isnt too far off i will give games a break for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Sarky wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it, anyway. The Longest Journey is a rather average pointy-clicky adventure with an interesting story, Dreamfall itself is a lot more interesting and well-realised. A fair bit of dialogue, yes, it's not really an action game. Although there is some passable close combat and stealth, it's very much story-based. That's the kind of thing I like, so I quite like it.

The combat and stealth sections are terrible in this game! The story is decent enough, its not a bad game, its worth playing. I must try and get around to playing the longest journey sometime as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

360:

Dead Space - reckon that I'm only about half way through this one.

PGR4 - really cr@p at racing games so I'm playing this one on easy

Megadrive Ultimate Collection: trying to rack up a good few achievements on this one.

PS3:

Resistance 2: pretty good game, again only about a 1/3 of the way through. Hate the PS controller for FPS though.

Okami - have been playing this for nearly a year but the end is nigh.

Little Big Planet - haven't been playing too much of this one. Doesn't offer much if you're not into the whole creativity thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My Xbox 360 RRoD'd during the week, so I'm currently playing:

DS: Chrono Trigger, played some of it years ago, getting back into it

PS2: Played SotC pretty much constantly until I completed it over the weekend. Lived up to the hype for me, and I know it will provide the benchmark for every 'Boss' encounter I have in future. Also have Ico to look forward too. And will hopefully finish Final Fantasy XII. Bout 35-36 hours into that.

Wii: No More Heroes... What a bizarre game! Picked it up for €10.99 in HMV's sale.

Xbox 360: Before it crapped out on me... I was playing a lot of Fallout 3 as I held off on any DLC until Broken Steel came out. Also, Skate, SF IV and The Darkness (€5 new in Smyths). XBLA: Peggle and N+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'm really trying to cut down and focus on a few games at a time as college is keeping me very busy. This will all change once the holidays start though :pac: I've yet to finish Bioshock, Dead Space, COD4 and Ico. I have about 25 PS2 games to play so perhaps I should just stop buying games for a while, heh.

PC: Half Life 2 : Ep 2. I still haven't finished this. I played 30 minutes of it and got distracted. I've promised myself I'm going to finish it soon.

I have to get back to TF2 and give L4D a shot.

PSP: Monster Hunter 2ndG has made me it's bitch. This game sucks up so much time, especially when the OH is obsessed and makes me play it every weekend. So rewarding though.

Patapon is my bus journey companion. Looking forward to going straight into the sequel once I finish it.

PS3: Uncharted needs to be finished. The Uncharted 2 gameplay videos have inspired me to finish this.

Valkyria Chronicles is a game I'm taking my time with so it'll probably be July by the time I'm finished it. I'm on Chapter 11 I think. Just fantastic in every way.

Killzone 2 MP is always tempting me.

As for PSN games, Worms has been keeping me occupied a lot lately, just brilliant.

I'm nearly finished MGS2, so then I'll be moving on to MGS4. MGS2 is pretty insane in parts but I love how over the top the whole thing is. Once I finish that I'll be moving on to Persona 3 FES.

Xbox 360: Fable 2 is the game I got a 360 for to play with the OH, as she missed not being able to play it. I had played it co-op with her originally and thought it was good, not great. That's probably because of the fact that we ploughed through the missions though, because now that I'm playing it by myself now at my own pace I love it. It's so absorbing and the voice acting in it is amazing.

Gear of War is a game that I really want to like, but I don't really get it yet. I'm giving it a chance though so I give it a shot every other week.

Castle Crashers is fun and is great to play with the OH. My first XBLA purchase. :D

DS: My DS has been neglected as of late but I really want to finish FFIII and move on to FFIV. Peggle DS distracts me every time I pick it up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

At the moment, just STALKER with the Oblivion Lost mod. As awesome as it is, I'm getting a sometimes massive delay in items or NPCs spawning, eg. I'll smash a crate and it'll be empty only for loads of ammo to appear there later or I walk into a base and nobody is there. I was doing the arena fights in the bar and for one of them I had to wait over five minutes for an opponent to appear. It's pretty annoying but the mod improves vastly on the original game.

I might also get the latter two Fallout 3 DLC when I'm done with STALKER.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Just bought Shaun White Snowboarding and got COD5 off a friend so will be playing them for a while, when im back home from college for the summer I'll get back into Metal Gear Online and Fifa 09 online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GothPunk wrote: »
    DS: My DS has been neglected as of late but I really want to finish FFIII and move on to FFIV. Peggle DS distracts me every time I pick it up though!

The last dungeon of FF3 is an absolute whore. FFIV however is an improvement on the original game with much tougher bosses. Slow is your best friend in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Noticed lots of people here have yet to finish Fallout 3. Like myself, must be that type of game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's juat a massive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The last dungeon of FF3 is an absolute whore. FFIV however is an improvement on the original game with much tougher bosses. Slow is your best friend in this game.

Indeed it is. I actually started FFIV a while ago but I should really finish FFIII. To think FFIII was the game that convinced me that portable RPGs are teh sex and I haven't even finished it. I just don't have the time to spend 30 or so minutes getting from the world map through the Ice Palace and to the final boss only to be particle beamed. I refuse to have 2 Devouts on my team as well, which I've read a lot of people used to beat Cloud of Darkness. In a way I like that it's such a bitch. Much rather that than too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Rainbox 6 Vegas
    GTA 4 Lost and Damned - Nearly done. great fun.
    Condemned 2 yet to play

Wii

World of Goo

DS

Chinatown wars
    Zelda Phantom Hour Glass

There are plenty of games I'm dipping in and out of. about 2-3 xbox games I want to go back to, to pick up a few achievements that are so close for me before I pass the games on to whoever wants them

Looking forward to Fight Night 4 and the new Batman game.

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    Indeed it is. I actually started FFIV a while ago but I should really finish FFIII. To think FFIII was the game that convinced me that portable RPGs are teh sex and I haven't even finished it. I just don't have the time to spend 30 or so minutes getting from the world map through the Ice Palace and to the final boss only to be particle beamed. I refuse to have 2 Devouts on my team as well, which I've read a lot of people used to beat Cloud of Darkness. In a way I like that it's such a bitch. Much rather that than too easy.

I had a ninja, a dragoon, devout and a sage. The Devout healed, the sage raised the ninja every round since he got particle beamed all the time and the ninja throw shurikens and then died. The dragoon stayed dead, to risky to raise and didn't survive a round when raised anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Just got online on my consoles so bear with me if I'm a bit slow (release wise) and influenced by it.

360:

Bioshock - started it, found it annoying but persisting with it
    Alone in th Dark - Bought it for a fiver, might as well finish it for the gamerpoints
    Halo 3 sessions online - have to get back into those

Playstation 3:
    COD: W@W - is still waiting for me to be addicted to
    GRID - Gona try this baby out online, hope shes good
    FIFA 09 - Because it rocks

Any recommendations for some other good online games?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Left4Dead still
    Dawn of War II multiplayer
    Thief 1 (to be followed by its two sequels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Noticed lots of people here have yet to finish Fallout 3. Like myself, must be that type of game.

unless like me ur unemployed , then its like crack and ull have 80 odd hours clocked up in no time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When I'm not online, being beaten by every boardsie around in SFIV, I like to relax with a little Persona 4.
    Goddamn this game's long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Age of Conan again.

SFIV

And a little L4D now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

only got crappy work laptop so it's been Lego Star Wars II and as of today Red Alert 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've an inordinately large amount of games installed on my PC now and I probably won't get through half of them.

Of the ones I'm currently playing there is:
    Chronicals Of Riddick: Dark Athena
    Empire: Total War
    Men Of War
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Grant Theft Auto 4
    Saints Row 2
    Crysis
    Crysis: Warhead
    Left For Dead
    Mass Effect

And my mate gave me The Sims 3, which generally I'd wait for it's proper release, but I love the Sims and this one is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

got littlebigplanet there last week and have pretty much been playing that non-stop. Absolutely love it. Bought the MGS addon also and have been messing around in the level designer. I used to draw a lot of 2D sidescroller levels when I was a kid (here's one I scanned in) so have been moving a lot of them over into LBP as well as I can, will probably publish all of them once they are finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Gamecube
    Killer 7- Really loving this at the moment.

Saturn
    Burning Rangers- Love this, please somebody update it!
    Policenaughts-Great game so far, but I cant use my lightgun for the shooty bits since I upgraded to LCD tv! I also need a guide because it's japanese :(
    Soul hackers-This is really trippy but fantastic, again I have to use a guide :(

Gameboy (Original)
    Links awakening

Mirrors edge, Picked up for a tenner how bad! Took me by suprise this one, don't really understand why I like it so much?

Wii
    Metroid prime Corruption, Controls work great on the Wii, really must go back and play the other 2 Metroid prime games on the GC

Advertisement