Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes Prices

Options
  • 15-05-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Itunes are now charging €1.29 for most new songs now instead of the previously overpriced 99c.

Can't say I'm no impressed, what the hell are they at? It's not like inflation is increasing recently.

I think i'll just "purchase" my music elsewhere from now on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is this something to do with them ditching DRM and upping the bitrate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

It is indeed, they dropped DRM and upped the quality. Three new pricing tiers $0.79, $0.99 and $1.29! (I use the US store). Are the Irish ones not cheaper? €0.79 used to equal $0.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

How do you use the american store. I've tried many times but it has never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

How do you use the american store. I've tried many times but it has never worked.

You need a credit card registered to an American address in order to use the American itunes store, I tried it myself recently :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Would entropay work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What's the deal with Itunes? I went to register but it says I have to pay... I'm happy enough to do it but it didn't give me a price. Anyone know? Do they have most songs/artists?

Pick up a US iTunes gift card on ebay, u can open an account then with out a credit card. Just be careful who you buy the cards from, a lot of stolen codes floatin around and if you use one your a/c will be locked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Are they like the same ones you can buy from 3 stores and what not? How much is it to register with itunes store?

No, they have to be in US $. Same idea tho but the 3 ones are in EURO. It's free to register but they won't let you unless you have a credit card or a gift card!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Pick up a US iTunes gift card on ebay, u can open an account then with out a credit card. Just be careful who you buy the cards from, a lot of stolen codes floatin around and if you use one your a/c will be locked. ;)

I had an American giftcard before a few years back and didn't work, maybe it has changed recently.

• Advertisement

I have set up a good few for friends. As long as you stick in a valid US address it works perfect. I normally use a hotel.

Advertisement