Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motorbike crash on m50. any witnesses?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

had a run in with a lorry just off the ballymun sliproad on the m50 yesterday evening (14 may 09) at about 6pm. lorry driver didnt see me and pulled into my lane. hit the brakes hard to avoid going under his wheels but ended up coming off the bike (large blue honda deauville). lorry driver continued on. unfortunately the camers facing down onto the m50 there only have a live feed. im just wondering did anyone witness the accident? several cars following behind stopped to see if all was ok. any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Hope you're ok Peter and will find an eye witness. Is the bike anywhere near ok to ride now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 petergorman

cheers for the concern, there is a fair bit of damage done to the bike but its all cosmetic. hopped straight back on the bike and took off after him - he refused to stop his lorry until i overtook him, put the brakes on and rang the gardi - they came quickly which was great. really sound guard got all of his details for me.
    my only problem is that the driver and his boss are refusing to take responsibly as he didnt actually run me over!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

cheers for the concern, there is a fair bit of damage done to the bike but its all cosmetic. hopped straight back on the bike and took off after him - he refused to stop his lorry until i overtook him, put the brakes on and rang the gardi - they came quickly which was great. really sound guard got all of his details for me.
    my only problem is that the driver and his boss are refusing to take responsibly as he didnt actually run me over!

Well its logged with the Gards which is the first step. If they're not playing ball I'd get on to a solicitor, you'll find their attitude changes very quickly. You could always threaten to name and shame the company on something like Joe Duffy!

Glad that you're not injured, I know it seems pretty crappy but it could have been worse. A helpful garda will make all the difference too.

Best of luck with it, hope you get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

joey54 wrote: »
    You could always threaten to name and shame the company on something like Joe Duffy!

And if they have any sense they will laugh at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

joey54 wrote: »
    Well its logged with the Gards which is the first step. If they're not playing ball I'd get on to a solicitor, you'll find their attitude changes very quickly. You could always threaten to name and shame the company on something like Joe Duffy!

Glad that you're not injured, I know it seems pretty crappy but it could have been worse. A helpful garda will make all the difference too.

Best of luck with it, hope you get a result.

Oh yes of course, Mr.Magic

????
    Why the hell would they care if someone says the Company were gonna be named and shamed on the joe duffy show? They arent robbing peoples money etc, it was a one time incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 petergorman

thanks for the support. if i just get my bike back to the way it was, im happy leaving things go. just hope i get someone to come forward that saw it happen.

Advertisement