Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling O2 direct debit. Please! need help

• 15-05-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I would like to terminate my O2 contract, but prematurely. My contract end on November, but i wanted to cancel it now, as they charged me a lot!!!. i really not satisfied with them.

By the way, i went to AIB branch, said i want to cancel the direct debit to O2 comunication, then, the print out the paper, and i signed. They said, the direct debit cancel from NOW ON.

However, im affraid if they still able to DD from my account, on 27th may. In this case, are they still able to deduct money from my account?

At this time, i really need money to struggle for life.:(
    im affraid O2 still able to ignore the cancellation ive done with my bank, and do deduct from my account.

Really hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Thank you very much ya.
    Have a good day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you have canceled they direct debit, they shouldn't be able to take money from your account but i dont think this is the best way to go about this.

You should have contacted them about changing the tariff to something which would have suited you better. You will have to pay for the contract for the remaining months even if you end it early.

You could talk to Daryll and see if he can help you some what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You basically still owe O2 money, so cancelling a direct debit is not the way to go.

To get out of a contract, you have to pay the remainder of the monthly fees, so in your case, you will have to pay May-November's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 naemibr

yeah, thank you guys for your quick response. I just wanted to cancel the direct debit. I know i still owe them remaining months.

This is because, i need some of money, critically, for this month. However, next 2 month, everything should be back to normal. So i look forward to pay them, in next 2 months.

The problem is, this month. I need some of money. If o2 do direct debit to my account, then im gonna die =(.

So, once i cancelled the direct debit with AIB, then the O2 cannot deduct from my account right?

Again, thanks a lot for your quick response, Tom. Davy, thanks to u too for the link to Daryll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring O2 and tell them you'd like to cancel the direct debit. Also speak to them about lowering your price plan if you think it's too much (you will need to lower your usage too probably).

We will not provide advice here on getting out of legitimate contracts.

Advertisement