Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you tune the motor on an AK style AEG?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

One of my AKs is making a high pitched, whiney, my motor isn't tuned properly, sound. If it were an M4 I'd just adjust the screw at the base of the pistol grip, however when I adjust the screw on the base of the AK's grip it makes no difference, is there some other way to adjust the height of the motor on an AK or is there something else which is causing the whinyness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Remove the grip using the screw at the bottem, the grip slides off. There is a hole in bottem of the cage around the motor where you can adjust the motor tenson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It takes an allen key, its the same hole as the grip screw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

go all the way in with the screw, then come back out 1 turn, then fire it in full auto and adjust by ear. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Sorted, thanks

Advertisement