Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is There Anyway For Me to Fix This?

• 15-05-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Was in the pub the other week with some friends and got one or two decent images. I particuarly like the photo below I got of a mate but because it was dark I had to use a low aperture and the fupper moved while I was taking the shot. I've tried cloning, cutting & pasting and editing from another similar photo but they haven't worked out too well.

Is it a lost cause or should I slog away at it?

3531476339_eb85bcb8a9.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka/3531476339

NB - I'm not looking for anyone to edit it for me, just advice. Is it worth trying to fix it or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

that looks more like a finger in the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

that looks more like a finger in the shot.

I'd agree its not the subject moving it is something close to the lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd agree its not the subject moving it is something close to the lens.

Damn. It was most likely another bloke we were in the pub with. Well at least I can hassle him and say he ruined it. :)

So is it editable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

nice pic.

If you are talking about the repeating pattern of his shirt in the bottom right of the image it looks easy enough to fix.

the only problem area is the white splodge near the right of his chin. It it was me I would use the burn tool to darken that.

the patterns to the bottom right:

you could just remove everything and get an image of a seat and put loads of gausian blur on it and try to blend it with the background

just select the area feather around 100 px and gausian blur will get rid of alot of it. I just tried it there and to me it looks ok

I think! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i like it, a bw with a bit of vignetting would be a quick fix...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks sheesh, I'll give that a go.

melekalikimaka- that's a great idea, I'll try that too.

(Many thanks for the compliment guys)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The eyes look sharp, in that res anyway. Looks like a nice portrait alright.

The Highlight on top of his head is more of a problem.

Advertisement