Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to make a M4 more classy

Options
  • 15-05-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a Dboys M4 CQB SD.All I have on it is basically a red dot and foregrip so I've decided to add a few upgrades exterior wise.

I been thinking of spraying trage on with white paint,is this possible?

Painting the stock and front rail some sort a camo.

Looking also for a PEQ box, I know their ugly but I think they add to the gun :eek:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a Dboys M4 CQB SD.All I have on it is basically a red dot and foregrip so I've decided to add a few upgrades exterior wise.

I been thinking of spraying trage on with white paint,is this possible?

Painting the stock and front rail some sort a camo.

Looking also for a PEQ box, I know their ugly but I think they add to the gun :eek:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Can you put a pic up ov it bro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

you could try those handguards with rails on or put some lasers on or something or a mag with those fake bullets on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

you could try those handguards with rails on or put some lasers on or something or a mag with those fake bullets on the side

The CQB-SD already has rails as standard.

With an M4 less is more, some people have red dots, lights, lasers, grenade launchers, silencers all stuck to one gun.

Don't go overboard with attachments the CQB is quite small and a lot of stuff bulks it out too much.

Painting the rails and stock would be a good idea to give some contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Ok thanks,

Anybody have any idea of the trades being painted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

If you want to tart it up then Magpul is yer only man! Most of the online china/HK shops stock their stuff. You to can have an uber M4 with the help of Magpul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sounds nice as it is buddy, to be honest your gonna find it hard to make it look different and stand out as everyone and their dog has an m4! As for white trades it's quite difficult but search google and you will find tips

Ok thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

check out this video for highlighting your trades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWxOPSm5Zo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Blay wrote: »
    The CQB-SD already has rails as standard.

With an M4 less is more, some people have red dots, lights, lasers, grenade launchers, silencers all stuck to one gun.

Don't go overboard with attachments the CQB is quite small and a lot of stuff bulks it out too much.

Painting the rails and stock would be a good idea to give some contrast.

+1 to blay - KISS just like the m4/m733/m177 used in the movie BHD the painting scheme is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Want to make an m4 more classy?

Got a shovel and some acid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i think m4's look better as plain as possible,,,,, less is more, spend the money on the internals!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When I see an M4 CQB SD theres a certain template I'd always go for. Similar actually to most rifles that have rails.

Foregrip for me personally is a must. I find rails a tad bit uncomfy, sometimes even sore. A foregrip ads a bit of comfort, and you have a literal ocean of grips to choose from.

An Eotech is literally essential if you want to tart your rifle up. Looks wise they look the biz and far better then any scope out there, and performance wise, I'll never use another scope again, wide field of vision and just down right awesome.

If you are going for a peq box, and have bean to splash, G&P do proper pew boxes with working lazers and lights, though they come in at a hefty 140 euro mark.

I personally would advise having a look at perhaps getting a lipo stock tube battery to insert into the stock tube, then replacing your " what i assume is" crane stock, to something of more "gucci" and get matching rail panels.

Rail panels simply clip over rails to cover them up.

Dex has a beautiful Magpul ( i think) rifle in work that has a black and od colour to it, od stock, pistol grip and rail panels, and everything else black and its a really nice piece.

TheDoc wrote: »

I find rails a tad bit uncomfy, sometimes even sore. A foregrip ads a bit of comfort, and you have a literal ocean of grips to choose from.

An Eotech is literally essential if you want to tart your rifle up. Looks wise they look the biz and far better then any scope out there, and performance wise.

I personally would advise having a look at perhaps getting a lipo stock tube battery to insert into the stock tube, then replacing your " what i assume is" crane stock, to something of more "gucci" and get matching rail panels.

Rail panels simply clip over rails to cover them up.

Dex has a beautiful Magpul ( i think) rifle in work that has a black and od colour to it, od stock, pistol grip and rail panels, and everything else black and its a really nice piece.

Yeah I agree with your statement on foregrips. For example when I use a gun without a foregrip and its heavy ie. AK47 I get terrible cramps in my wrist. How do you mean I have a big choice of them. I thought there just like rubberised ones and some with torches built in?

About Eotechs, what is it like a red dot, and I've been looking at one on Ebay what would they be like?

I might actually just use the PEQ box for ''display''

Could you give me a link of the stock?

Yeah rail panels I must get! I think I might do the same thing Dex does but with tan or something.

cad2.jpg

This is what I'm kinda looking for except mabye a iron sight to go with the ACOG or Eotech
    and maybe a PEQ box on the front rails

Advertisement