Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found - Thursday 14th May

Options
  • 15-05-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Found a Terrier cross on the Dublin Road (by the Eye Cinema) yesterday evening.

Looks KIND OF like this (but with less hair around the face):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2143/2199540201_220b6f3da3.jpg

Dropped him up to the pound and he'll be kept there til next week. If his owner doesn't claim him by then I'll take him back out and try and find a home or sanctuary for him.

He obviously belongs to someone as he's very tame and friendly and in good condition.

PM if you have any info.

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Jaysus has boards.ie turned into a dog napping forum? :D

Those dogs usually smell bad (I spend my spare time smelling dogs, y'see)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

did he have a red collar on?

a dog like that was hanging around my house in doughiska one night last week.
    Maybe the owner lives around doughiska

Maybe you could put up some posters around the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

He has a sad desperation in his eyes

2199540201_220b6f3da3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

kraggy wrote: »
    He obviously belongs to someone as he's very tame and friendly and in good condition.
    Are you implying dogs aren't normally friendly? Racist. .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ScumLord wrote: »

Are dogs a race now? I always thought they were a different species... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dog **** is a pandemic around Galway ATM. Its all over the county and is prominent on the pron too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

He has a sad desperation in his eyes

2199540201_220b6f3da3.jpg

So would you if you had a haircut like that!

He looks a bit like a dog that was hanging around the museum Friday a fortnight ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

kraggy wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Found a Terrier cross on the Dublin Road (by the Eye Cinema) yesterday evening.

Looks KIND OF like this (but with less hair around the face):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2143/2199540201_220b6f3da3.jpg

Dropped him up to the pound and he'll be kept there til next week. If his owner doesn't claim him by then I'll take him back out and try and find a home or sanctuary for him.

PM if you have any info.

Thanks,

K.

Hey,
    I'm pretty sure I've seen a poster with the same kind of dog ,missing like two weeks ago - up on a bus pole , just down by dawn dairies. Um.. I'll go back up tomorrow , see if I can get the number, maybe it's this persons dog? *Shrugs* I feel really bad for people who lose their dog, it's awful aww.

That's if he hasn't been claimed already? I'll PM you number!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

He has a sound head on him, would you hang on to him if the owner didint show?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

although youd have to lock the drink cabinet, as He took to drink after he lost his job at the museum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

lisaface wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm pretty sure I've seen a poster with the same kind of dog ,missing like two weeks ago - up on a bus pole , just down by dawn dairies. Um.. I'll go back up tomorrow , see if I can get the number, maybe it's this persons dog? *Shrugs* I feel really bad for people who lose their dog, it's awful aww.

Really?

Please do pm me the details. Have tried Galway Bay FM and the GSPCA and no luck so far.

I will check for posters around Renmore anyway.

Thanks a million,

K.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Jaysus has boards.ie turned into a dog napping forum? :D

Those dogs usually smell bad (I spend my spare time smelling dogs, y'see)
    ScumLord wrote: »
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Are dogs a race now? I always thought they were a different species... :pac:
    Dog **** is a pandemic around Galway ATM. Its all over the county and is prominent on the pron too

Can one of you please tell me how any of these posts help this thread in any way at all?

And don't bother trying to reply with some smart arse reply. You've already shown your immaturity.

Really, either you've very little time on your hands or you're just pathetic.

I've already spent a long time making phone calls to the relevant authorities and other people who might be in the know, and spent time on this forum trying to find a solution to this unnecessary problem but you go right ahead and have a laugh.

I've actually worried constantly and have had to make complaints to local authorities and have driven a few miles out of my way to try and sort this situation out.

And as for you Cleary, if this was a water-based/pollution-based/boating-based problem, would you like to get responses as child-like as yours was to mine?

Grow up and have a brain for once. Your futility gets tiring very quickly.

This isn't your own personal jovial notice board.

Hey,

Thanks for your response. Like I said, I'll have a look at them posters in a few hours.

ultain wrote: »
    although youd have to lock the drink cabinet, as He took to drink after he lost his job at the museum.

Brilliant input.

You're hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

No bother, I'll try after lunch. If it's still there. I hope to god it is,'cause I could swear it was the spit of that dog.

No bother, I'll try after lunch. If it's still there. I hope to god it is,'cause I could swear it was the spit of that dog.

Thanks.

Just bear in mind that that's a picture of a dog that's similar to the fella that I picked up.

Looks the same, just a bit less hair around the face.

Thanks for your concern.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Apologies, kraggy.

The problem is:

1) I've *too* much time on my hands as i'm 'studying' for my finals

2) It's the Galway City Forum - Even when I create threads I don't expect a serious reply... i'm just lucky to get one sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dog found................ craic lost.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Fair play to you OP! Nice to see there are still some genuine people around nowadays. We lost our dog for 3 weeks last year and would never have gotten her back if it wasn't for kind hearted strangers like yourself. I'll keep an eye out for any posters etc or if I hear of anyone talking about it. I've noticed the Dublin Rd. area is always full of stray dogs that do often look like they are pets. Always stop to see if I can help out but they're never wearing collars! Keep up the good work anyway.

Advertisement