Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete a post

Options
  • 15-05-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I posted something and now i want to delete it. How do i do that?
    can anyone help me????

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

In the edit mode you can delete a post, but not a starting post to a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ana123

thanks for reply

im an absolute technophobe... where is the edit mode? :o
    (sorry!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You'll see an edit button beside the quote button on the bottom right hand side of the post. Click it then 'go advanced' then select delete post and submit. If the post is over 48 hours the old you won't be able to delete it though.

thanks guys
    unfortunately the thread is more than 48 hours old and i can't find any buttons for editing/deleting

it's a crazy thing that you can't delete an old post!

and no clear warnings on that anywhere!

anyway thanks again for replies

The discussions would be hugely disjointed if posters could come along after the fact and delete contributions. You can report the post and ask the mod to delete it but they'll only delete it under exceptional circumstances and if you have a genuine reason.

• Advertisement

well i stupidly/naively posted my number and email adress and got some disgusting replies which i can't report...

many thanks again
    i'll try to report it like you said

It's been reported for you. I'm sure the mod will delete it for those reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I take it, its the post with your phone number and email address in it.

You should contact a mod asap and get that taken down.

Edit: That was quick!

very efficient :D

thanks guys for all the tips and help!

certainly learned my lesson!

No probs. Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement