Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIA - FOTA --- No Compromise says Max

• 15-05-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭

From Autosport

No agreement between teams and FIA

By Jonathan Noble Friday, May 15th 2009, 15:40 GMT

The FIA's crunch meeting with teams ended without agreement on Friday as the governing body refused to compromise over plans for a two-tier category.

Max Mosley said there had been 'friendly' discussions with teams but that the FIA was not willing to back down over its plans for a £40 million cap.

Teams have now gone into another meeting to discuss their response to the FIA's stance.

Furthermore, it emerged during the meeting that Ferrari has lodged legal action in the French courts to block the 2010 rules - claiming their introduction was a breach of a technical veto they had.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tau

I saw that article, but it seems to be incorrect.

They've completely abandoned the idea of a two-tier championship:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8049816.stm

The rest is just posturing on what the amount of the cap is to be - it's only a matter of time before they agree on a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Thanks for the link. Mosley is quite clear and honest about the meeting. Ferrari shoudn't rule F1 that his job i saw him think. Anyway the two tieer idea is gone, so no teams pulling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

rua1972 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Mosley is quite clear and honest about the meeting. Ferrari shoudn't rule F1 that his job i saw him think. Anyway the two tieer idea is gone, so no teams pulling out.

Mosley is Nuts in some of his ideas.

It should NOT be his job
    It sohuld be the teams job to suggest rules and regs. Then the FIA pass them or not.

Is the 2 tier system 100% gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I'm not saying it is his job to rule F1, i'm saying i saw him think it his job. If the two tier is 100% gone is never sure. But the way i saw the clips on the bbc link i think it is and the row is now about how high, or low, the budget cap is going to be. Could be due to the fact that english is not my first language.

I think the FIA should act like a referee and see that the teams follow the rules and apply fines if these rules are broken. For making the rules, the FIA should listen a bit better to teams, and surveys among F1 followers.

Advertisement