Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gay bars in galway?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The Stage Door in Woodquay. 2 mins walk from Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Theres a gay night in An Pucan every friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

CP's - it's a pretty ghey place tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Krieg wrote: »
    Theres a gay night in An Pucan every friday night

Note OP, upstairs in the Pucan. Down a bit from the pub entrance, it's a club night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    We don't take kindly to folk like ye around here

B*llox. No one cares.:)

• Advertisement

The Stage Do-- Oh wait, you are gay. Er. The Hole in the Wall then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

The Stage Do-- Oh wait, you are gay. Er. The Hole in the Wall then.

How about the Blue Note :cool:

seems to have taken off from where Stranos left off

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

galwayguy22
    yeah-buddy
    Cop on! Infracted now, bannings if I see any more crap from anyone.

OP, please feel free to continue posting here. You can also use the Gay forum if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I knew this thread would deliver. Hush your gums.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked while I go through this thread.

• Advertisement

Thread open again.

galwayguy22 one month ban.

Lets keep this thread on topic which is Gay bars in Galway,anybody who takes this thread off topic after this post will be met with a instant ban.If you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of been gay use the Lesbian & Gay & Bisexual forum.

Dub13 - Galway City Forum is generally a bit of a p1sstake forum, this is the wrong place for a thread like this. Be a good lad and move it to a more suitable forum instead of just lashing out bans - We can all be internet warriers, however a hero would just do the right thing and move the damn thread

** Yes i'm just p1ssed off that i'm in on a Sat night because I have to be up early tomorrow **

I don't take two kindly to people telling a mod what to do.The user I banned had just posted a homophobic post after a mod warning,I don't care how the forum is normally but this is out of order and appropriate action was taken.

The thread can stay here as its relevant to Galway,gay people should not be pushed into a corner of boards and have a safe area with other forums a free for all on them.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I don't take two kindly to people telling a mod what to do

That's nice - I don't like people telling/asking me what to do either, but I live in reality. If you want to be a mod, expect the good with the bad (is there a good?) - Either way, it was your choice to become a mod - you're going to have to deal with. However I feel that this is a different debate for a different time - I'd gladly meet you for a pint about you're issues if you'd like?

I've kept out of this thread. I hate homophobia, i've no problem with anyone regardless of their interests/way of life - i'm quite diverse when it comes to that. However, I made a recommendation as I feel it will get a better AUDIENCE and better RESPONSE in the Gay/Lesbian/Bi-Sexual forum.

However, since you're a mod i'm sure you know better than us all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

the stage door is generally quiet enough during the week, but its a bit more lively at the weekend, with djs on friday and saturday nights. it's the only bar operating as a gay bar in galway since the closing of stranos. even a couple of visits will result in you recognising most of the clientele, as you can imagine, it consists of mostly regulars.
    '
    the nightclub in 'an pucan' is grand for the last couple of pints, and maybe a good ole dance if you're in the mood, but it not very flash or special, they don't do too much to surpass expectations.

the scene in galway has absolutely none of the buzz and excitement, or even numbers, that it had , say, five or six years ago. at the time, there were two pubs, two clubs and occasionally club outrageous, which wasn't a dedicated gay club, but was more of an 'anything goes' vibe, which became incredibly popular, until the police raided it, and the tabs ran with pictures of ladies dancing with their knockers out, which apparently was naughty.

still, if you're from out of town, there's rakes of craic to be had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

still, if you're from out of town, there's rakes of craic to be had :)

That made me LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

This thread is a disgrace. I'd expect this kind of crap over on After Hours but ffs the OP just asked a simple question about Galway pubs. The only places i know of op is upstairs in An Pucan ("Babylon" possibly?) and The Stage Door. Anyone here from Galway's gay community that can shed light on other venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks Dub13 for your help!

Gay people in Galway have every right to post here.
    I've asked OP to post a new thread and I'm locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement