Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Protection if you wear glasses?

Options
  • 15-05-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi guys,

Quick question, what sort of eye protection to those of you who wear glasses wear out airsofting? I'm not a big fan of full face masks as I find they fog up quite easily. Does anyone recommend any particular goggles or anything else like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Bah, thats what I get for being distracted halfway through. Obviously this doesn't belong in reviews, mods can you move it up to Airsoft Getting Started please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i wear a mesmask over my glasses and it grand
    if not u can get impact resistant perscription glasses which work fine and give full eye protection

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

http://www.st6-airsoft.com/bull_dogg_goggles.htm

Check these out.:D You can get them done in any style of goggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

I agree with Dobby. Have a pair of ESS goggles with these lenses. Bought an RX frame for the ESS goggles so your prescription lenses fits into the RX frame and then they slot into the goggles & because the bitter end's have holes they don't fog up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I use contact lenses when airsofting. They allow me to use whatever eyewear I want, and offer full peripheral vision. Contacts also make it absolutely impossible for me to even see/focus in on the mesh in mesh goggles, all I notice is a lower light level. I reccommend daily disposables.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I use contact lenses when airsofting. They allow me to use whatever eyewear I want, and offer full peripheral vision. Contacts also make it absolutely impossible for me to even see/focus in on the mesh in mesh goggles, all I notice is a lower light level. I reccommend daily disposables.

Agree 100% with this.

Around €35 for a months supply of disposables IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yea, I got disposable contacts for PR3 recently, they were great to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Thanks for the replies guys. Contacts would probably be the best solution (although I've never tried them before), but I'll look into the mes mask and impact resistant options also.

The Master wrote: »
    Agree 100% with this.

Around €35 for a months supply of disposables IIRC
    Which equates to 30 skirmishes.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I was toying with getting contacts for a while for general life and airsofting and I'm getting them at long last (I could never wear sunglasses because of it :()

Now I can have the proper full seal eye protection and not worry about my glasses falling apart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 headshot_hunter

daz801 wrote: »
    i wear a mesmask over my glasses and it grand
    if not u can get impact resistant perscription glasses which work fine and give full eye protection

well yeh your right,but perscription eye protection can be fairly exspensive,you might aswell just buy contacts,i think theres a 16 years age limit although i got them from specsavers at 14!:)

well yeh your right,but perscription eye protection can be fairly exspensive,you might aswell just buy contacts,i think theres a 16 years age limit although i got them from specsavers at 14!:)
    If you need correction lenses, you need glasses anyway. Contacts are, quite frankly, an unnecessary expense. They are useful though. The only way that glasses would break in airsoft is that someone hits you across the face, but thats not airsoft anymore. Glasses are not the crappy optics that are sold as "airsoft" aeg optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Well, having this trouble myself. My eyesight aint too bad, only need to wear the glasses for tv/driving/admiring nature. Would contacts be viable for "every now and then" use, basically just airsoft?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Would contacts be viable for "every now and then" use, basically just airsoft?

Yep, that's all I use mine for

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Well, having this trouble myself. My eyesight aint too bad, only need to wear the glasses for tv/driving/admiring nature. Would contacts be viable for "every now and then" use, basically just airsoft?

yeh i would use them as little as possible,they make your eyes quite itchy:eek: ,but i suppose there is eye drops for that......but you dont wanna be putting them in after every round or whatever they call them :confused:

Most definitely +1. While not necessary, they are extremely advantageous.:)
    yeh i would use them as little as possible,they make your eyes quite itchy ,but i suppose there is eye drops for that......but you dont wanna be putting them in after every round or whatever they call them
    What that is is dirt build up on the outside of the contact. The fluid of your eyes cant clean them properly (it contains proteins, skin particles and dust which build up on the lens), and as a result the contact becomes sticky giving the feeling that you have an itchy eye. Its just the added resistance when you blink. Try putting contacts in at the Gathering when camping, without proper mirror and sanitary conditions, then you'll know about irritating:D

Most definitely +1. While not necessary, they are extremely advantageous.:)

What that is is dirt build up on the outside of the contact. The fluid of your eyes cant clean them properly (it contains proteins, skin particles and dust which build up on the lens), and as a result the contact becomes sticky giving the feeling that you have an itchy eye. Its just the added resistance when you blink. Try putting contacts in at the Gathering when camping, without proper mirror and sanitary conditions, then you'll know about irritating:D

LOL i suppose you do learn something new everyday,thank for the info,so wait theres dirt building up on my eye right now as i wear my contacts????or do you mean when you genuinely get dirt in your eye?:confused:

LOL i suppose you do learn something new everyday,thank for the info,so wait theres dirt building up on my eye right now as i wear my contacts????or do you mean when you genuinely get dirt in your eye?:confused:
    There is dirt building up in your eye every waking minute. The eyes clean themselves. That is why we blink. Unfortunately, our cleaning solution, or tears, are no good for contact lenses. Tears contain skin particles and proteins which adhere to the plastic in the contacts. This causes irritation and a sticky feeling when you blink.

There is always dirt building up in your eye, to answer your question. Contacts interrupt the eyes self cleaning capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Sean-Tom

You could always try these http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=169&sub=9&subcat=EyeProtection. I have these you can remove the goggles and they fit perfectly over my glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Mesh is the only way to go, methinks. I don't like it at closequarters, but have thus far gambled that my own glasses will mind my eyes from shattering bbs.

Contacts are grand, but I don't wear them regularly so I find them kinda distracting. Most decent goggles will accomodate glasses, but fogging still drives me nuts.

• Advertisement

Mesh is the only way to go, methinks. I don't like it at closequarters, but have thus far gambled that my own glasses will mind my eyes from shattering bbs.

Contacts are grand, but I don't wear them regularly so I find them kinda distracting. Most decent goggles will accomodate glasses, but fogging still drives me nuts.

they have some good anti-fogging wipes and bottles at this link:
    <banned retailer>
    you just rub the stuff on your glasses/goggles nd it stops them from fogging for a couple of days..............
    the stuff is called "Fogtech"

Advertisement