Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bird experts etc?

• 15-05-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

There's a bird hobbling around in a field by my house...must have clipped its wing because the wing is definitely looking a bit deformed. Feeling sorry for the thing to be honest cause it's just bouncing around there...my dog ran after it a couple of times but wouldn't do anything (called him away of course). i've just left some food there for him now so hopefully he'll eat that. I'm not sure whether the life of a wild bird is as precious as the life of a domestic animal but to me I think it deserves help as much as the next creature...

So any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

take it inside, give it a little water, maybe a little food if it'll eat it..

might take a little time for it to recover, all life is worth saving if you can..karma will reward you in some shape or forum..;)

you could make a splinter for it's wing with something light, until it heals..

p.s i'm no vet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

What kind of bird is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

don't tell the fox, he could be hungry:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's just one of those black birds you see flying around...could be a small crow to be honest...I'll take a pic...gimme a few mins...

Here he is...

Hopping along there...poor fella

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

poor thing! if you can catch it, bring it somewhere warm and dark, maybe leave a saucer of water for it to drink, and some crumbs of bread. it prob wont make it through the night, but you'll have done what you can (i could suggest bringing it to the vet, but as its a wild bird and its chances of survival are slim, and the costs incurred.....) if you wanted to try spinting the wing there are videos on you tube, but its a lot more difficult than it looks.

good luck.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If there isnt any objections, id like to move this over to Animal & Pet Issues as you may get a better more accurate response!

I was hoping there might be someone in the waterford area who might be able to come to the rescue...that's why I posted it here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was hoping there might be someone in the waterford area who might be able to come to the rescue...that's why I posted it here.

I can copy it so it covers both forums. The point of having a copy there is, someone who knows the best way forward will give you advise rather then us guessing here.

Excellent. Appreciate that, thanks.

• Advertisement

Took him in and did a DIY job on the wing...He flew away today. Woot :)

Advertisement