Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just the one for C&C

• 15-05-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well hello all,
    I rarely post images for C&C but felt I'd post this,I was going to post it in the random thread but not many ask/give c&c in there,

Anyway i shot this and quite liked how it looked to my eyes,But due to the bright sky camera metering etc i began to dislike it,I'm still not 100% sure about it really.

I've done abit of PP mainly in lightroom a preset and exposure and that's all,PP recommendations happily accepted too,
    Thanks

3522637189_e61999b426.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I like it Ricky, I always like the softness to these type of pictures you take, you have a definitive style there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Being nice, I wouldn't be fond of it at all. Theirs just too much going on and my eyes are getting pulled all over the picture, theirs nowhere to lead the eye imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭knm

I quite like it, especially the low angle. However I find the white specks in the grass distracting.
    Could you shoot it again with the flower facing the camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

kinda nice as is but the shadows are very dark (yes overstating the obvious), if you could selectively raise the shadows to bring out just a little more detail, I think it would be better. I don't mean for you to bring it up to mid day sun level but just to raise the brightness a little on the darker areas.

I like the silhouetted horizon, it adds a little bit of mystery - is it a hedge / ditch, is it a bokeh'd outline of houses in the distance.

Yes the highlights are a little overwhelming on it but in post processing you won't be able to shift them (unless what you've shown is actually just pushing the highlights from a fairly normal bright sky).

Advertisement