Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooting landscapes with Nikon D90

• 15-05-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have a D90 with the 18-105 kit lens and a 70-300 VR lens. I am taking more and more landscape shots and was thinking about getting a wide angle lens. What would you guys recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

People will most likely recommend the Sigma 10-20mm, the Tokina 11-16mm or the 14-24mm, but I'd advise you to wait a few weeks until the new Nikon 10-24mm comes out, could be a great lens in this category ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I bought it recently in the US, Its a fine lens but I dont have as much use for it as I thought I would. I also have an 17-70 f2.8-f4.x which is my workhorse. If I was doing it all over i'd ask myself questions like
    - Have I ever encountered a situation where my current lens wasn't wide enough?
    - Can I borrow one somewhere to try it out?
    - Do I have a photo project coming up that I know I'll need the extra wide angle for?
    - Could I do it with my existing lens & create pano shots instead?
    - should I just trade in my 17-70 for a constant f2.8 lens with similar focal length?
    - etc.

I have seen some lovely Ultra Wide Angle shots on flickr etc which got me lusting after this lens.....but as time goes by I think its not for me.
    I hope that helps!

Advertisement