Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Match

Options
  • 15-05-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

To be honest, I think we should nab this one- Man City are without Robinho and we have BAE and Zakora back. Looks like Lennon, Bent and Dawson are out and poor auld Wilson is back home with his family.

I predict a 2-0 win for us- Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic, let's just hope that Steven Ireland has a bad game.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Agreed,City not that good on the road and Spurs playing well at home,we should win it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Is Bently able to play tomorrow? I predict another 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

It'll be a close game. City, like ourselves can just kinda go for it, as they need to win like ourselves, and they dont have anything to lose.

There form on the road has been poor, but maybe the great surface at the lane will suit them !!

Fingers crossed, as its always nice to sign off at home with a win, I'll go for
    2 1, and I think JD might bag one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 IlikePostcards

Hey Guys!
    I'm watching from America as we speak. C.O.Y.S.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Good game! Soft penalty but what goes around comes around! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horrible decision to ruin what was quite an entertaining game. Spurs were the better in the first half but we played well in the 2nd and our equaliser was juicy. Delighted for Boj.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

We should have had the game won by half time.

Second half, City huffed and puffed and we played far too relaxed however overall we just about deserved the 3 points.

Only downside was Pav's performance. No understanding or communication with any team mates.

A few laughs with Liam Gallagher who was sitting in one of the open corporate boxes in the East Stand. He was slagging and getting slagging from abou 10,000 yiddos. Good harmless banter.

As per usual, the team did their last home game lap of honour after the game (pic. attached).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Hatch99 wrote: »
    It'll be a close game. City, like ourselves can just kinda go for it, as they need to win like ourselves, and they dont have anything to lose.

There form on the road has been poor, but maybe the great surface at the lane will suit them !!

Fingers crossed, as its always nice to sign off at home with a win, I'll go for
    2 1, and I think JD might bag one.

Please give me your lottery numbers for next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

BOLT wrote: »

If only I knew them Bolt, if only...

Would have been a nice price too....

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

BOLT wrote: »

+1 great shout there. Funny incident with the linesman and Clive having a go at the ref too. Can see it on a What happened next on QOS in the future. Another good win but I did think the penalty was fortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I had an absolutely blinding day yesterday, met up with loads off here, among them Shane/Dublin Spur, Donal/KingdomYid, Rich/RichMc (apologies for the lack of recognition mate!) and his better half Ann Marie, Mark/Mullo76, missed out on Andrew/galinka but bumped into the legend that is the Cockney Rebel (Pat Healy knows who I'm talking about) even if he was looking a little French with the smig...:D

Plenty of drink was taken as per the norm, had a chat with Bobby Smyth, Steve Perryman, Graham Roberts and Mickey Hazard down the Bill Nic, was talking to Hazard for quite a while and he is a lovely bloke. Also met Claire Tomlinson in the Coach and Horses after the game, and she is even more lovely in person.

Loved the Liam Gallagher appearance in the Shelfside boxes, fair play to him he gave as good as he got but didn't go hiding when we scored the second goal and he charged out to give it loads back. Proper legend. Chimbonda flagging for the throw was priceless as well. :D

I'm in bits now though, and the flight home was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Had a great day also, travel went well as did the result of the game,unfortunately never got to the Bricklayers to meet any of ye guys,with all the coming and going we only made it to the bell and hare at 2oc to squeeze down a couple of quick pints.that was a great bit of banter with Liam Gallagher he was well up for it, and when the Linesman went down holding his knee the Park Lane crowd started singing are you Drogba are you Drogba are you Drogba in disguise..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Agree with Ronan was a cracking day great to meet ye lads again,looking forward to more meet ups next season.And yes i agree with Ronan that Claire looks better in real life and she is a true Yid.Liam Gallagher you are a legend see you at slane next month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

Any one going to the Liverpool Match Sunday?

Advertisement