Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Comfortline and Highline - Differences?

• 15-05-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I'm wondering what are the differences between the Comfortline and the Highline range of VW. Which has the better spec?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

On the exterior, the Highline used to have a chrome strip along the bumper and sides and chrome window surrounds. I'm not sure about interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Highline is the higher spec.

Highlight is full leather in Highline over cloth seats in Comfortline (it was leather/alcantara until mid-2007 iirc).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Thanks for that. I had to google alcantara. I had never heard of it before!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Higline/Comfortline of what model? I'm fairly sure the specs differ across the range...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

The Passat 2.0 Diesel

• Advertisement

Leeside wrote: »
    The Passat 2.0 Diesel

Aye if possible go for the highline spec, much much nicer.

IIRC : The Highline has the full leather, a different style alloys, heated seats, chrome lines on the front grill, trip computer etc.

If the prices aren't massively different, you'll be much happier in a Higline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Passat 2.0 TDi Comfortline:
    Electric windows front and back,
    Electric heated mirrors,
    Remote Central Locking,
    Electrically adjustable driver's seat,
    Velour seats with front and rear centre arm rest,
    Climate Controlled Air Conditioning,
    Cruise Control,
    Chrome exterior window frames and bumper inserts,
    Wood effect dashboard.

Passat 2.0 TDi Highline:
    Comfortline +
    Automatic headlights,
    Rain sensing automatic wipers,
    Auto dipping rear view interior mirror,
    Half leather / half alcantara seats,
    Alloy wheels,
    Front Fog lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Go for the sport model, no stupid wooden trip. "Carbon Fibre" trim looks awesome, I love my sport :)

flamegrill wrote: »
    Go for the sport model, no stupid wooden trip. "Carbon Fibre" trim looks awesome, I love my sport :)

AFAIK, the Highline since 08 or 07 has had the "Carbon Fibre" around the radio etc. and then a strip of the walnut across the dash. Doesn't look nice at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was never mad about the wood trim in (any) cars until I got my current Passat.
    Have to admit it's really grown on me since though. I wouldn't be mad about the carbon fibre trim though - personally I'd rather have front fogs in mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

flamegrill wrote: »
    It's a matter of taste. If I saw carbon fibre, I'd walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alexiandsam

Can anyone advise the differnces between the Comfortline and Highline models in the VW Multivans please? Not sure if the Highline is really worth the extra cost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

christ, thats one expensive builders van!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's a Caravelle for so, At what point does a Transporter Kombi become a Caravelle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's a Caravelle for so, At what point does a Transporter Kombi become a Caravelle?

When you ditch the jumbo breakfast role for a prawn sandwich. :D

Advertisement