Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing File type from MP4 to AVI?

• 15-05-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Ok, completely simple when it comes to computers, haven't a clue!

I need to change a file from MP4 to .AVI to burn onto DVD and play on my DVD player, but *ahem* I tried to just change the file name and needless to say, that didn't work!! :D

So any very basic step by step way of doing this?

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is posted in completely the wrong section.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

try googling it

Also have a look at:
    www.videohelp.com

lots of guides and software on there. Does your DVD palyer deffo play .avi files?
    Is there a Divx logo on it?
    logo_divx_index.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hey,

Thanks for your help, I used WinMPG to convert it, was delighted with myself and headed off to bed as it worked its magic over night...

Then put on the DVD this morning - and it feckin put a watermark accross the middle of the screen saying "Unregistered - WinMPG Convertor - www.winmpg.com" :D

Grrrr :mad: I looked around, but presumably unless you pay, there's no programme that will convert the entire thing for you and not put a water mark on it, is there?

I don't mind paying, but looks like €30 to do it and this really is a once off operation for me :(

I think my bro has access to a paid one, but he'd have to download the whole file that I want on DVD first etc. etc. etc. what a mess!

Thanks for your help though - it's still watchable so that's the main thing, I'll get used to the thing on the screen! :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

convertx to dvd

Advertisement