Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weatherby Vanguard .223

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

but some are if they got away with it .selling lads crap that don't know any better .
    i heard of one chap who charged a lads wife 65 euros for a box of 20 winchester silver ballistic tips in 308,
    the good ones should be supported the bad ones let go out of business

another good reason to be in the know on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

True , I know a young lad that was charged €800 for a swift 3-12x50 scope:eek:, now thats a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Come on boys,name them and shame them.This is the place for it.
    We all have a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Naming and shaming can get people in an awful lot of trouble. I sincerely recommend you not do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

True , I know a young lad that was charged €800 for a swift 3-12x50 scope:eek:, now thats a rip off.

Sweet Jeez!:eek:..800 bazookas...i took a young fella up to a dealer in Donegal and he bought a new rifle from him , the dealer gave him a top end swift optic for 250 euro..and he had priced all the other bits and bobs keen as well..FS, that lad was commercially raped!:mad:

On the other hand IWM is right naming and shaming is not the way to go on this forum;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tomo053

Hello all.
    Bought the rifle and handed in the papers the other day. The Sergent said that i'd would be all sorted today. Just rang the barracks and he isn't starting his shift untill 8'o'clock and they don't know (don't want to know) anything about it behind the desk, but hopefully it'll be grand.
    I'm fairly happy with the deal i got from Paul to be honest, he gave me a good price for my .22 and threw in some ammo for the .223 and knocked 50 off the full price.
    I have previously bought 2 air rifles (cometa traded for gamo) and 2 shotguns (sarasketa traded for browning) and I've never had a problem and when i went to trade i've always gotten a good price back off him. There was a problem with my browning a few months after i got it, but they stood over it and fixed temporairly while he was waiting for the genuine part to come into stock.
    I have no complaints about him.
    Anyway hopefully i'll have the rifle tomorow,
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

tomo053 wrote: »
    Hello all.
    Bought the rifle and handed in the papers the other day. The Sergent said that i'd would be all sorted today. Just rang the barracks and he isn't starting his shift untill 8'o'clock and they don't know (don't want to know) anything about it behind the desk, but hopefully it'll be grand.
    I'm fairly happy with the deal i got from Paul to be honest, he gave me a good price for my .22 and threw in some ammo for the .223 and knocked 50 off the full price.
    I have previously bought 2 air rifles (cometa traded for gamo) and 2 shotguns (sarasketa traded for browning) and I've never had a problem and when i went to trade i've always gotten a good price back off him. There was a problem with my browning a few months after i got it, but they stood over it and fixed temporairly while he was waiting for the genuine part to come into stock.
    I have no complaints about him.
    Anyway hopefully i'll have the rifle tomorow,
    Tom

Well that says it all Tom and if your happy then thats the main thing good luck with it anyway.

Happy Days:).
    Collected the rifle yesterday.
    When i brought it home i gave it a good cleaning, the first 4 patches were fairly dirty but they were coming out clean by number 8.
    I took 3 shots yesterday and cleaned it again.
    The scope is set ok from factory but i may give it a few more shots to be sure as i never brought my ear protectors and was flinching like crazy
    I got 1 box of Wolf Fmjs and 2 boxes of Remington UMC hollowpoints with the gun and i bought 3 more boxes of the Umc's. I'm going to set the scope up with the fmj's and get used to the gun, then i'll see what the umc's are like and i'll put up a picture of a test target with 5 shots from 100yards during the week and another one at 200yards later on.
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

best of luck with her tomo ;) lovely looking gun.

Thanks mate, Going off now to try a few Umc's at a target and then mabey try get a few rabbits for the dogs

• Advertisement
Advertisement